Lava is a gatherable liquid found on Volcano, Magma, and Dead planets as well as some underground mini-biomes and the core of all planets. It glows and poses an extreme threat to characters even at high tier. Like other liquids it can be gathered using the Matter Manipulator.
When a player comes in contact with Lava they will take increasing damage per tick until no longer in contact with Lava. Damage starts at 30 and doubles each tick (30, 60, 120, 240, etc). The player will also be Burned, taking damage for a short time at (2.5% of max hp + 1) per tick.
Lava has several interactions with other liquids:
- If Lava comes into contact with Water, the parts of the lava that touch the water convert to Magmarock.
- If Oil, Slime or Jelly come into contact with Lava, the liquids will completely convert to lava.
The lava in the ocean at the core of most planets has different properties due to being classified as Core Lava. Core Lava cannot be harvested with an upgraded Matter Manipulator, and it has different interactions with other liquids:
- If Oil, Slime or Jelly come into contact with Core Lava, the liquids will completely convert to Lava.
- If Water, Swamp Water, Healing Water, liquid Coconut Milk or Poison come into contact with Core Lava, the liquids will evaporate into nothingness.
- Core Lava has no interactions with Lava or Liquid Erchius Fuel.
|Hot Hot Hotpot||1|
- Rampaging Koala: Added