Version 1.3.0, also known as the Spacefarer Update, was the third major content patch released after Version 1.0. It was released to the unstable branch on May 31, 2017, and announced via the development blog.. It moved to stable as an update to the main game on June 8, 2017 .
The primary features introduced in this patch were space locations and dungeons, including the ability to pilot the player's ship to non-planet locations in space. This update also introduced Mech space vehicles and the ability to build a player station.
Along with the changes to where ships could travel, the update overhauled the navigation interface dramatically.
Like version 1.2, updates were not published to the nightly branch each night, and the community had to rely only on developer blog posts for information about the specifics of development.
- The cockpit navigation interface has been completely overhauled. Planets, moons and ships are all visible and orbit each other in real time. Systems will now contain NPC stations, friendly and hostile NPC ships, and strange space anomalies to visit!
- Introduced the ability to pilot to non-planet points in space
- A variety of new encounters (space encounters) and npc ships can now be found throughout the universe as well as small stations filled with NPCs, goods, furniture, treasure, and hostile monsters.
- New space goods - Electronic Parts, Food Rations, Medical Supplies, Weapon Parts
- New space objects - Astro Cabinet, Astro Ceiling Monitor, Astro Chair, Astro Console, Astro Crate, Astro Door, Astro Light, Astro Monitor, Astro Server, Astro Storage Locker, Astro Table, Astro Vent, Astro Wall Panel, Astronomy Telescope, Beautiful Attempt! Machine, Cultist Door, Docking Field, Docking Field (Small), Electronics Station Sign, Food Station Sign, Hanging Booster, Industrial Bed, Industrial Canister, Industrial Chair, Industrial Computer, Industrial Crate, Industrial Display, Industrial Door, Industrial Light, Industrial Storage Locker, Industrial Table, Landing Beacon, Large Airlock Hatch, Letheia Corp Sign, Lunar Lander, Mech Sign, Medic Station Sign, Ship Greeble 1, Ship Greeble 2, Ship Greeble 3, Ship Greeble 4, Solar Panel, Space Bar, Space Slideshow, Space Station Console, Station Bench, Station Ceiling Vent, Station Chair, Station Console, Station Crate, Station Display, Station Door, Station Hatch, Station Hologram, Station Large Door, Station Medical Scanner, Station Pylon, Station Rail Hatch, Station Table, Station Vending Machine, Station Wall Panel, Tall Station Light, Weapons Station Sign, Wide Station Light, Wired Target
- New space weapons - Drill Spear, Electro Baton, Ray Gun, Plasma Assault Rifle
- New space armor - Industrial Crew Helmet, Mech Pilot Helmet, Premier Set (Premier Helmet, Premier Chestpiece, Premier Greaves), Spacebird Helmet
- New instruments - Space Synth, Square Wave
- New sloped blocks - the first sloped blocks available in the game - Hull Panel, Rusty Panel, Scrap Panel, Sloped Inset Panel
- New rail components - Rail Airlock Door, Rail Airlock Hatch, Rail Tram, Rail Tram Stop
- New figurine - Parasprite Figurine
- New codex books - Internal Report, Letheia Corporation Brochure, USCM Annual Report
- New collection entries for figurines and monsters - Parasprite and Triplod
- New space monsters - Astrofae, Chiropterror, Cosmostache, Heavy Drone, Masteroid, Omnicannon, Parasprite, Rustick, Spinemine, Trifangle, Twigun
- New tenants - Astro, Evil Glitch, Industrial, Space Guard, Space Hero, and Station Villagers
- New quests - Advanced Test Drive, Parts and Labour, Test Drive, Your Very Own Space Station
- Make a permanent home among the stars with player-owned stations! Use a station transponder to place your station into orbit, then expand it with modular rooms to suit your needs.
- Players now have the ability to place a personal orbiting station using a Station Transponder.
- These stations can be expanded in size by using materials to place pieces.
- By interacting with Expansion Slots players can add rooms to the station.
- Explore these new space locations in customizable spacefaring mechs! Traverse hostile space in zero gravity, fight powerful new space monsters, and collect unique rewards as you upgrade your mech to progress through more difficult hazards. Mechs can also be deployed to planets, to crush your enemies with overwhelming firepower!
- Mech vehicles now available - these vehicles can be piloted in space to greatly upgrade mobility, defense, and attack capability.
- These vehicles are designed for use in space, and have a limited energy bar. Killing enemies in space can drop energy to replenish the mech.
- Parts can be crafted from found components at a Mech Part Crafting Table under the Outpost
- Mech part recipes are learned from new blueprints - Advanced Mech Blueprint, Experimental Mech Blueprint, High-Tech Mech Blueprint, Simple Mech Blueprint
- Pieces can be equipped at the Mech Assembly Station, also under the Outpost.
- Mech Boosters - Astro Mech Boosters, Basic Mech Boosters, Gallant Mech Boosters, Hammer Mech Boosters, Sleek Mech Boosters, Stalwart Mech Boosters, Zed Mech Boosters, Zero Mech Boosters
- Mech Arms - Beam Drill Mech Arm, Beam Sniper Mech Arm, Cannon Mech Arm, Cluster Mine Mech Arm, Drill Mech Arm, Dual Rifle Mech Arm, Energy Blade Mech Arm, Energy Rifle Mech Arm, Flak Cannon Mech Arm, Gatling Gun Mech Arm, Gravity Mine Mech Arm, Guided Missile Mech Arm, Heatrifle Mech Arm, Homing Missile Mech Arm, Missile Rack Mech Arm, Neo Chainsaw Mech Arm, Plasma Drone Mech Arm, Shield Drone Mech Arm, Spikefist Mech Arm, Split Shot Mech Arm, Swarm Drone Mech Arm, Tesla Stream Mech Arm, Tommy Gun Mech Arm, Wobbleshot Mech Arm
- Mech Bodies - Arthuria Mech Body, Arthuria-00 Mech Body, Beat Mech Body, Champion Mech Body, Champion-00 Mech Body, Cyclops Mech Body, Dominion Mech Body, Dominion-00 Mech Body, Exodus Mech Body, Golem Mech Body, Golem-00 Mech Body, Hero Mech Body. Kabuto Mech Body, Kabuto-00 Mech Body, Lilotron Mech Body, Marshal Mech Body, Marshal-00 Mech Body, Miniknog Mech Body, Nightwinder Mech Body, Occasus Mech Body, Occasus-2 Mech Body, Protector's Mech Body, Reactor Mech Body, Shockhopper Mech Body, Skulduggery Mech Body, USCM Mech Body, Venturer Mech Body, Venturer-00 Mech Body
- Mech Legs - Arc Mech Legs, Basic Mech Legs, Hermes Mech Legs, Hopper Mech Legs, Intrepid Mech Legs, Ronin Mech Legs, Sleek Mech Legs, Twinjet Mech Legs
- Mech Horns - Airhorn Mech Horn, Bull Mech Horn, Charge Mech Horn, Clown Mech Horn, Foghorn Mech Horn, Melody Mech Horn, Sports Mech Horn, Steam Whistle Mech Horn, Toy Mech Horn, Train Whistle Mech Horn, Truck Mech Horn
Minor Changes / Bug Fixes
- Gameplay now pauses while menu is open (single player only)
- Non-piercing projectiles (e.g.) rockets now stop at the edge of the entity they hit, correcting knockback direction from explosions
- Adjusted player and other physics to behave better in zero gravity
- Remove gravity from asteroid fields
- Asteroid fields now ring their stars and can be entered at any position
- Add rail tram vehicles and tram stop objects
- When opening inventory, first tab will be selected by default
- Auto-sorting inventory will also stack items
- Add visual novel engine
- Fix threat level of player ships to always be 1 for colonist purposes
- Cheese is now considered produce and players will be paid to launch it into space
- Made several block types permeable to liquids
- Perfect armor set now slightly weaker than tier 6 crafted armors
- Fix several issues with NPC pathfinding
- Various performance improvements
Modding API Changes
- Support script panes opening and closing with inventory (like containers)
- Item slots / grids in script panes now display tooltips for contained items
- Special keys are now passed separately to techs as special1, special2, and special3. If a player is lounging, they will be suppressed and instead passed to the active vehicle (if applicable)
- Support rectangular force regions with a linear force gradient
- Support setting gravity for specific dungeon IDs in dungeon files
- Rework canvas widget bindings. Canvas widgets can now be bound to a Lua object and controlled directly
- Support damage sources for vehicles
- Behavior nodes must now be explicitly defined in .nodes files. This includes specifying node parameters and outputs, with associated types. (Supported types: json, entity, position, vec2, number, bool, list, table, string)
- Behavior trees (.behavior) now explicitly specify whether a parameter is a blackboard key or a raw value. This includes parameters passed into module (sub-tree) nodes.
- Behavior node Lua implementations no longer directly perform blackboard lookups (BData methods). Lookups are performed before running the function, and the raw values are directly available in the “args” argument.
- Behavior node Lua implementations no longer directly set blackboard values. Node output is set by returning or yielding a second value. This second value is a table of output key to output values.
Added Lua Bindings
Removed Lua Bindings
- activeItem.giveOwnerItem (now available via player)
- activeItem.ownerHasItem (now available via player)
- activeItem.takeOwnerItem (now available via player)
- player.addBookmark (use addTeleportBookmark / addOrbitBookmark instead)
- root.materialPath (use materialConfig instead)
- root.getConfiguration (removed for security)
- root.setConfiguration (removed for security)
- root.getConfigurationPath (removed for security)
- root.setConfigurationPath (removed for security)
- ↑ http://playstarbound.com/starbound-1-3-unstable/
- ↑ http://playstarbound.com/spacefarer-update/