While I do distinctly recall Dr. Akaggy being a female penguin, I can't pinpoint where exactly I recall that from. My first thought was that it'd be somewhere in quest descriptions, but that didn't seem to be the case. Do you remember the exact source? - Sligneris (talk) 05:22, 18 August 2017 (BST)
- Oh, wow, good point. It appears that it was listed as "He" but some user (very recently) erroneously changed it. See here: http://starbounder.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Vehicles&diff=175361&oldid=175360 ("He will introduce..." vs. "She will introduce...") I'll correct the pages where I spread that misinformation =\, thanks for catching that! =) Holdoffhunger (talk) 14:12, 18 August 2017 (BST)
- That's not what I said. It's not misinformation and you don't need to correct anything. She is referred to that way in the game, I just couldn't recall where. I simply thought that your answer would help speed up the search.
- Np, got you covered. Holdoffhunger (talk) 00:10, 19 August 2017 (BST)
"Within the Miniknog empire"?
- Easy, it gives the cultural atmosphere that the item may be found within, just as many items are found within certain Biomes, indicating the biological atmosphere they were found in. Holdoffhunger (talk) 16:17, 5 September 2017 (BST)
- Had one more thought on this, because you make a good point. Compare: "Europa holds liquid water, an energy source, and organic molecules." with "Europa holds liquid water, an energy source, and organic molecules, all of the ingredients necessary for life." It's true that someone may think that extra part "adds no purpose", but there are two objective reasons for knowing that is better to explain the abstraction than not: 1) There are fewer mouse-clicks between the user and the information they are (most-likely) trying to get, 2) The amount of useful information required to be retained by the user in order to be practical is smaller when remembering by abstraction that by exact detail (i.e., try remember "Apex Strongholds, Apex Laboratories", and "Apex Apartments", compared to "Miniknog Empire".). Holdoffhunger (talk) 01:22, 6 September 2017 (BST)