The ship appears overgrown with plant life, and has a skeleton mounted to the front.
The pet unique to Floran ships is a snake.
As the player progresses farther into the story of Starbound, they'll unlock additional modules on their starter ship. These additional modules provide more space on the ship for players to place objects, as well as crafting stations, containers, and furniture.
Initially the players ship is broken, and the first stage of the story is to repair it. After that the ship engines need to be repaired. By the third stage of upgrade the ship is fully repaired and additional stages increase size.
After repairing the ship FTL drive the player will open a variety of missions that will allow them to upgrade the side of their ship. These quests are given at the outpost and are as follows;
- Upgrade 1 - Sparrow Ship Upgrade or Shady Sparrow Ship Upgrade
- Upgrade 2 - Kestrel Ship Upgrade or Questionable Kestrel Ship Upgrade
- Upgrade 3 - Falcon Ship Upgrade or Fishy Falcon Ship Upgrade
- Upgrade 4 - Eagle Ship Upgrade or Illicit Eagle Ship Upgrade
- Upgrade 5 - Condor Ship Upgrade or Crooked Condor Ship Upgrade
Level 1 (Broken)
- The original model for the Floran ship was an Apex Ship covered in vines. While not identical to the Apex starter ship, it was very similar in shape and design, and when the pilot seat was examined, Floran characters would observe that it "smells like Apex butt".
- The Floran ship is built out of other race's ship parts: A Glitch ship's cannons, an Avian ship's pyramid top(and a part of an Avian ship's bottom platform at the rear of the ship when the Floran ship upgrades into a Condor Class ship), An Apex ship's cockpit, A Human ship's thruster. The ship itself has a Human ship's base.