The design was submitted by a solarium tier pre-order backer, who was granted the ability to design a weapon to be included in the game.
The weapon's long description reads as follows: "Launches interchangeable bolts by magnetic force."
As part of its unique design quirk, the secondary attack - Adaptable Ammo - is not actually an attack, but will instead cycle the weapon's ammo type. All ammo types with a damaging component have identical base power. The toggled ammo type corresponds to these colors (Keep in mind Gifs will take a while to render, and damages displayed might not be same as yours, due to armor and other buffs)
- Yellow - Regular crossbow wooden bolt; treated as a hunting weapon for the purpose of obtaining drops. Costs 24 energy per shot.
- Orange - Explosive bolt which creates a fire-type explosion on impact and applies burning. Costs 48 energy per shot.
- Blue - Freezing bolt, damages and applies freezing. Costs 36 energy per shot.
- Purple - Electric Bolt, damages and applies electrified. Costs 36 energy per shot.
- Green - Poison bolt, damages and applied poisoned. Costs 36 energy per shot.
- Purple (dark center) - Gravity implosion, strongly pulls enemies into the place where the bolt strikes. Costs 48 energy per shot.
- Purple (dark edges) - Gravity explosion, strongly pushes enemies outward from the point of impact. Costs 48 energy per shot.
When upgraded at a Weapon Upgrade Anvil to tier 6, base bolt damage increases from 20 to 28. Additionally, the Adaptable Crossbow's appearance changes to the one shown below.
Apart from the addition of a gold star to the name, no other changes occur as a result of the upgrade.