Axe attack speed is usually a bit slower than daggers and shortswords, usually trading off for slightly increased damage making them the most powerful one handed weapons. There are a variety of special axes found throughout the universe with unique effects, attacks, projectiles and appearances.
- Base DPS: 9.5-10.0 health per second
- Minimum Fire Time: 0.9-1.2 seconds between attacks (Common), 0.9-1.1 seconds between attacks (Uncommon/Rare)
- Knockback Power: 25-30 (strong knockback)
Most uncommon and rare axes have an assigned elemental damage type. Some damage types are more effective against specific enemies than others. In addition to determining the damage type, each elemental also applies a status effect. These can be damaging (like burning, poison, or electrified) or offer control by impairing enemy movement (like frost). The elemental damage type of each weapon is indicated by the corresponding icon in the in-game tooltip.
Though both uncommon and rare axes have elements, only rare axes will apply status effects with their attacks.
- Fire (applies Burning)
- Poison (applies Poisoned)
- Frost (applies Frost)
- Electric (applies Electrified)
Axes do not have any special attacks available beyond elemental status effects.