Thorny Plant

From Starbounder - Starbound Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Thorny Plant Icon.png
Thorny Plant
Thorny Plant.png

A prickly plant with prickly fruits.

Unobtainable Object

Thorny Plant is an object unobtainable by players through normal means. This item's information is present in the game files, but not intended by developers to be in players' possession.

Thorny Plants are plants used in farming to grow Thorn Fruit. They drop from Thorny Plants when harvested.

Thorny Plants do not need to be replanted, after planting once the plant will continue to grow Thorn Fruit. Harvesting one of these plants yields 1 (40% chance), 2 (40% chance) or 3 (20% chance) of their fruit and sets it back one stage.

Thorny Plants are only found in the wild. Unlike other crops Thorny Plants do not drop seeds when broken or harvested; seeds can only be obtained through Commands or an inventory editor.

Racial Descriptions

Apex Icon.png Apex : These fruit don't look very appealing...
Avian Icon.png Avian : Strange thorny plants with strange thorny fruits.
Floran Icon.png Floran : Ssspiky fruitsss... good for throwing!
Glitch Icon.png Glitch : Cautious. These thorny fruits seem well protected against hungry wildlife.
Human Icon.png Human : Some strange, thorny fruits.
Hylotl Icon.png Hylotl : These plants protect their precious water fiercely...
Novakid Icon.png Novakid : Looks like some kinda other worldly cactus!


File Details

Spawn Command /spawnitem thornplant
File Name thornplant.object
File Path assets\objects\farmables\thornplant
Farming Seeds
Automato SeedAvesmingo SeedBanana SeedBeakseed SeedBoltbulb SeedBoneboo SeedCarrot SeedChilli SeedCocoa SeedCoffee Seed
Cotton SeedCoralcreep SeedCorn SeedCurrentcorn SeedDiodia SeedDirturchin SeedEggshoot SeedFeathercrown SeedFlowery Grass SeedsGrape Seed
Grass SeedsKiwi SeedNeonmelon SeedOculemon SeedPearlpea SeedPineapple SeedPotato SeedPussplum SeedReefpod SeedRice Seed
Sugarcane SeedThorny PlantTomato SeedToxictop SeedWartweed SeedWheat Seed