Tesla Stream Mech Arm
Tesla Stream Mech Arm is an arm part mech component that can be crafted using salvaged materials found in space encounters. The crafting recipe has a chance to be learned after finding an Experimental Mech Blueprint.
This arm component can be equipped on either or both mech arm slots.
While equipped, the player can use the Tesla Stream Mech Arm, while piloting their mech, to rapidly fire electric bolts. After a 0.3-second wind-up, electric bolts are fired every 0.12 seconds for as long as the player holds fire. Each bolt deals deals 32 electric damage and extremely weak directional knockback. The Tesla Stream produces a fire rate of ~8.33 bolts per second and a direct-damage DPS of ~267.
Additionally, electric bolts inflict the Overload status effect on enemies they hit:
- Overload deals 50% of charge as defense-ignoring electric damage every 0.5 seconds to the victim.
- Maximum charge is 50, which produces 50DPS of additional damage.
- The initial hit that inflicts the effect sets charge to 5.
- Subsequent bolts that hit the victim add 2 charge.
- Charge decays by 5 per second. The status effect ends if charge is brought below 0.
A single Tesla Stream will take approximately 4 seconds of continuous fire, with all bolts hitting the same enemy, to build up Overload's charge to its maximum. Using two Tesla Streams at once will halve the required time, to approximately 2 seconds.