|| Release date
|| Summary of changes
| v. Pleased Giraffe
August 25th, 2015 (Stable)
August 19th, 2015 (Unstable)
- Colonize your worlds! Create a home, decorate it nicely, then place a Colony Deed to attract a tenant!
- The type of NPC who moves in will depend on the type and quality of the home’s furniture and decorations. Decorating a room with several objects from the same theme (such as a biome or material tier) will attract a tenant themed to match!
- Keep your tenants happy and they’ll periodically offer you gifts, some cosmetic and some very useful
- Sells Colony Deeds as well as a variety of furniture in many themes
- The set of specialty furniture available will rotate each (out of game) day, so make sure you keep coming back to see the full selection
- Each furniture set can be used to attract a particular tenant that fits its theme
- Planets: Earth Model, Jupiter Model, Liftoff Seat, Mars Model, Mercury Model, Neptune Model, Pluto Model, Satellite Model, Saturn Model, Sol Model, Space Shuttle Bed, Uranus Model, Venus Model
- Cabin Set: Cabin Bunk Bed, Cabin Chair, Cabin Lamp, Cabin Stool Table, Cabin Stove, Cabin Table, Decorative Antlers
- Kitchen Set: Apple Basket, Box Of Bread, Kitchen Cabinet, Kitchen Shelf, Kitchen Stove Top, Kitchen Table, Kitchen Wall Cabinet, Small Kitchen Wall Cabinet, Tall Kitchen Cabinet
- Gothic Set: Gothic Bed, Gothic Bookcase, Gothic Candle, Gothic Chair, Gothic Couch, Gothic Door
- Island Set: Island Cabinet, Island Chair, Island Hammock, Island Lamp, Island Table
- Retro Set: Retro Cabinet, Retro Chair, Retro Dresser, Retro Pod, Retro Spotlight, Retro Table, Retro Television
- Saloon Set: Saloon Cabinet, Saloon Chair, Saloon Light, Saloon Piano, Saloon Spittoon, Saloon Table
- Ocean Set: Coral Mirror, Sea Lamp, Seashell Armchair, Seashell Bed, Seaweed Pot
- Outdoor Set: Lamp Post, Lamp Post (2), Lamp Post (3), Outdoor Bench, Outdoor Chair, Small Outdoor Bench, Outdoor Fountain
- Spooky Set: Spooky Bed, Spooky Candles, Spooky Cauldron, Spooky Clock, Spooky Pumpkin Head, Spooky Tomb Chair
- Steampunk Set: Steampunk Armchair, Steampunk Bed, Steampunk Desk, Steampunk Globe, Steampunk Lamp, Steampunk Shelf
Improvements to NPCs
- NPCs will now interact with each other and with many different objects in the world (such as warming their hands at a campfire and playing arcade machines). Depending on their personalities they might get sad, excited, fall in love or do all kinds of different things in different situations!
- Added many unique NPC dialogue options and updated some old ones
- Further improved NPC movement and pathfinding
- NPCs now switch between ranged and melee weapons in combat depending on their available energy, range, and whether they can reach the player
- Groups of NPCs now coordinate in combat to attack from different positions and divide themselves between ranged and melee
- Added a tutorial "traveller" NPC to starter planets (Lush)
Surface Biomes and Sub-Biomes (Tiers 1 – 4)
- Major visual improvements to background parallaxes
- All biomes have several types of unique critters (60+)
- Added a huge number of biome-specific microdungeons (450+) (Added to: Lush, Forest, Desert, Ocean, Snow, Arid (Savannah), Jungle, Alien and Toxic planets)
- Added many new biome-specific cosmetic armors and other items
- Randomly generated monsters will now have color palettes that generally match the biome they spawn in
- Re-designed the Toxic surface biome as an industrial wasteland, including additions to the Toxic Ocean Floor (new toxic Waste block, mutant armor set, new trees and bushes)
- Re-designed the Swamp surface mini-biome, now populated by Frog people
- Re-designed Eyepatch surface mini-biome (eye vines, the return of Eye Guard towers as microdungeons)
- Re-designed the Flesh surface mini-biome
- Re-designed the Bone mini-biome
- Re-designed the Bioluminescent mini-biome (added Blue and Yellow bioluminescent rock blocks, multi-colored Glow Fibres (Blue, Orange, Yellow and Green) have been replaced with a single type of Glow Fibre, added Glow Bed and Glow Chair furniture, re-worked the appearance of the Glowbush Lamp, Glowvine Lamp, Glowfibre Chest and the vanity armor Glow Set). Added a Glow Merchant tenant type. Added Fireflies (tiny non-catchable bugs).
- Re-designed the Alpine mini-biome, now inhabited a Celtic-themed Alpaca NPC race (living in houses made out of the new Grassy Rock and Sod blocks, and decorated with various Alpaca Runes)
- Colorization improvements for sky coloring, sunsetting and rising
Universe and Planet Generation
- Redesigned terrain to be more interesting and varied across all world types
- Reduced the number of open caves on the surface, improved cave blending
- Greatly increased the number of dungeons that can spawn on worlds and prevented dungeons from overlapping each other
- Added ores in the background layer
- Disabled Uranium Ore and Solarium Ore from being naturally generated in the game, moved Gold Ore to planets of threat level 5 and above. Iron Ore is now found on planets of all threat levels.
- Improved the appearance of planets in the navigation screen to better indicate the biome and surface liquid, added some visual variety to gas giants
- Dust storms and other heavy weather now affect (slow down) the player
- You can now find portals underground that lead to small instanced challenges. Defeat enemies, navigate dangerous traps or solve puzzles to earn great rewards!
- Challenge portals disappear shortly after you enter, so you won’t be able to enter through the same portal twice.
- Trap implementation in new missions and challenge rooms
- You can now sell items to most merchants for a portion of their value
- Added an ore merchant to the Outpost where you can purchase raw materials at an inflated price
- Added a third inventory tab for objects (similar to the materials tab)
- Added a sort button to the inventory window to sort items into their appropriate tabs
- Items will not be automatically picked up into the hotbar and materials and objects won’t be automatically picked up when their respective tabs are full
- Added an indicator to inventory tabs when they contain new items
- Added an animation to highlight newly picked up items when switching to a tab
Tools and Interface
- Wire and Paint tools are now unlockable modes for the Matter Manipulator and have clearer icons to indicate their functions
- Inspection tool can now examine liquids, indicates when something is too dark to inspect, and doesn’t try to describe entities (such as monsters) that have no description set
- Targeting will now prioritize monsters and NPCs at the cursor position, and won’t target passive monsters such as critters
- Removed Pickaxe crafting recipes, as they are now only meant to be brief mining boosts found in the world.
Combat Changes (WIP)
- Rebalanced all damage and armor values for players, NPCs and monsters
- Reduced the damage per level increase of weapons and added a bonus damage stat on all tiered armors, allowing weapons to stay viable for longer
- All randomly generated melee weapons have fancy new sprites
- Reworked monster skills and added a windup animation. These will be further expanded and rebalanced in the next update.
- Reworked weapon projectiles, increased bullet speed, added elemental damage types. These will be further expanded in the next update.
- Weapon special ability support added (alt-fires)
- Added attack multiplier to all racial tiered armor
- Crops now require water to grow! Tilled soil will initially be dry and needs to be moistened by a watering can, rain, or by dropping water on it
- At each stage of a crop’s growth, it will consume the soil’s moisture and need to be watered again to progress further
- Keeping crops under too much water for too long will cause them to be washed away, so be gentle!
- Added Grass Seeds and Flowery Grass Seeds for planting grass
- 200+ new objects and materials that can be bought, crafted or found in the world
- Many changes to the Floran mission – Including a new boss
- Improved chest loot and added improved graphics for standard and weapon chests
- Added multiple upgrades for the lantern stick back item to improve its brightness (Halogen Pack & Xenon Pack)
- Racial flags can now be bookmarked as teleport destinations (but won’t enable you to teleport from underground)
- Added particles and sounds to smashable objects and made many more objects (such as bushes and spikes) smashable
- Reworked Status Pods to have more interesting and useful effects, including a chance to spawn ore or pixels
- New Quests - Yes I Can!, The First Harvest, Rent Well Spent
- New platforms - Ancient Hidden Platform, Ancient Light Platform
- New Trap objects: Avian Crystal Trap, Avian Flame Trap, Sawblade Trap (Ancient), Air Booster, Ancient Boulder Trap, Ancient Crystal Trap, Ancient Flame Trap, Ancient Ice Trap, Avian Boulder Trap, Jump Booster, Power Booster, Speed Booster
- New material - Glow Fibre
- New storage objects - Classic Desk, Library Index, Library Bookcase, Ancient Big Chest, Iron Chest, Pod Chest, Weapon Chest, Wooden Chest, Mining Supplies Crate
- New light sources - Broken Display Light, Display Light, Ornate Lantern, Small Flood Light, Small Flickering Flood Light, Study Lamp, Ancient Torch, Ancient Wall Light, Avian Crystal Light, Blue Alert, Skull Wall Torch, Ancient Strip Light 4, Ancient Strip Light 5, Ancient Strip Light 6, Ancient Strip Light 7, Ancient Strip Light 8, Ancient Strip Light 9, Ancient Strip Light 10, Ancient Strip Light 11, Ancient Strip Light 12, Ancient Strip Light 13, Yellow Fairy Lights
- New Armor - Alien Alpaca Villager Set (Alien Alpaca Real Head, Alien Alpaca Real Torso, Alien Alpaca Real Legs), Alpaca Guard Set (Alpaca Guard Real Head, Alpaca Real Guard Torso, Alpaca Real Guard Legs), Anatomy Set (Anatomy Shirt, Anatomy Pants, Apex Anatomy Mask, Avian Anatomy Mask, Avian Anatomy Pants, Human Anatomy Mask, Hylotl Anatomy Mask), Armored Cultist Set (Armored Cultist Head, Armored Cultist Chest, Armored Cultist Pants, Armored Cultist Back), Buzzy Set (Buzzy Mask, Buzzy Shirt, Buzzy Pants, Buzzy Wings), Caretaker Set (Caretaker Hood, Caretaker Robes, Caretaker Pants), Mutant Set (Mutant Head, Mutant Chest, Mutant Legs, Mutagen Back Pipe), Swamp Hat
- New costume backslot armor - Avian God Wings, Bladed Wings, Butterfly Wings (Avian), Demon Wings, Falcon Guard Wings, Guard Wings, Optic Nerve, Tough Chest, Tough Pants, Tribal Feathers, Tribal Wings
- New pre-order backer hats - Cool Shades, Demon Horn Wig, Dreadful Skull, Giant Bow, Hot Top Hat, Mug Hat, Multicam Operator Cap, Nerdy Meercat, Plague Master Mask, Plume Knight Helm, Sporty Cap, The Hrodgard
- New Paintings - Beautiful Painting, Beautiful Ape Painting, Gothic Ape Painting, Grand Painting, Grand Big Ape Painting, Howler Monkey Painting, Pet Painting, Screaming Painting, Studies in Female Hylotlgy, Subtle Painting, Subtle Ape Painting, Self-Portrait of Hylotl-Shu
- New decorative objects - Biohazard Sign, Classic Banner Bottom, Classic Banner Mid, Classic Banner Mid Symbol, Classic Banner Tattered, Classic Banner Top, Damaged Grand Library Bookcase, Damaged Huge Library Bookcase, Damaged Large Library Bookcase, Damaged Library Bookcase, Data Station, Explosive Barrel, Floran Champion Statue, Grand Library Bookcase, Hazard Microscope, Huge Library Bookcase, Hylotl Warrior Painting, Hylotl Emblem, Hylotl Fake Plant, Large Library Bookcase, Library BookcaseQuill and Ink, Small Library Bookcase, Alpaca Component Rune, Alpaca Growth Rune, Alpaca Home Rune, Alpaca Knowledge Rune, Alpaca Life Rune, Alpaca Ruin Rune, Ancient Prop, Avian Air Emblem, Avian Earth Emblem, Avian Fire Emblem, Avian Water Emblem, Derrick Statue, Distress Beacon (Snow), Floop, Floor, Huge Tentacle Prop, Hylotl Radio, Nameplate (Hylotl), Radioactive Barrel (Tipped), Seismograph, Stepladder, Strange Web, Strange Web (2), Strange Web (3), Swamp Chair, Swamp Cot, Symbiote in a Jar, Traveller's Meter
- New doors - Horizontal Portcullis, Temple Hidden Door, Temple Hidden Trapdoor, Ancient Door, Ancient Hatch, Saloon Door
- New furniture - Copper Ceiling Light, Copper Crate, Copper Oil Lantern, Copper Support, Copper Wall ShelfDurasteel Portcullis, Dusty Bed, Dusty Chair, Dusty Table, Glow Bed, Glow Chair, Swamp Bed, Swamp Table, Traditional Table
- New blocks - Blue Bioluminescent Rock, Cabin Roofing, Flower Block, Frozen Dirt, Granite Block, Grassy Rock, Log Block, Pillar Blocks, Sod Block, Stone Rubble, Waste, Wicker Support Block, Yellow Bioluminescent Rock
- New ore based blocks and platforms - Copper Fence, Copper Gear Block, Copper Roofing, Copper Window, Golden Platform, Silver Platform, Silver Screw
- New wiring objects - Countdown Timer, Green Red Light, Pump Sign, Avian Temple Hidden Switch, Avian Temple Hidden Switch (2), Delay Gate, Hylotl Button, Hylotl Liquid Sensor, Invisible Sound, Jump Pad, Ancient Console (Small)
- New tech - Flying Jump
- New liquid - Slime
Minor Changes / Bug Fixes
- New characters will once again start on randomized worlds instead of sharing a single starter world!
- Weather effects deposit snow and sand on tiles where appropriate
- Ocean liquids become finite when enclosed by background blocks, and removing background blocks under the ocean will let the liquid in
- Codexes will be automatically opened when learned
- Environmental protection bio-implants include protection from lower tier hazards and will be automatically equipped when learned
- Flash breath bar when drowning
- Sort recipes in crafting interface
- Various performance improvements
- Renamed ’moon’ biome to ‘airless’ to avoid confusion among the astronomically knowledgeable
- Added a shipyard to the Outpost, which will be used to purchase additional ship upgrades in the future
- Changes in planet appearance in navigation console (ocean worlds and non-ocean worlds are now more distinguishable)
- Changed procedural monster palettes to often match environment/biome colors.
- Updated weather navigation console icons
- SAIL dialog popups added to the missions.
- Adjusted crafting requirements for tiered craftable furniture.
- Gave Monsters several new elemental attack animations.
- Added color to stacked UI windows
- Changed Blank Tech Card's name to Tech Drive
- Fixed a bug causing monsters to spawn in player-built structures underground
- Fixed several bugs related to weapons and monster attacks across the world wrap line
- Fixed a bug causing NPC weapons to be rerolled when unequipped
- Fixed a bug causing dungeon NPCs to spawn partially underground
- Fixed a bug causing players to be stuck firing after respawn
- Fixed a bug causing pets to eat whole stacks of food on the ground
- Fixed a bug causing UI sound volume to be reduced too far by SFX slider
- Lots of other balance and bug fixes
- Fixed a crash that occurred when opening a regular crafting window after using a crafting table
- Fixed NPCs getting stuck sideways after using beds
- Fixed crash when painting materials with non-paintable material mods
- Fixed crash in merchant interface when setting quantity on items without prices
- Fixed several crashes in tenant dialog options
- Fixed crash with serpent droids in the bunker dungeon
- Fixed default server IP mode configuration for windows
- Fixed missing recipes for tier 6 compounds
- Fixed a bug causing objects to incorrectly play sounds when spawned
- Don’t use bag type filters when using shift click to send items to a bag
- Added prices for many more items and objects
- Added more tenants
- Added underground vines and more underground variety to several surface biomes
- Experimental feature that shows NPC ‘status’ on occasion
- More performance improvements
| v. Spirited Giraffe
April 16th, 2015 (Unstable)
April 21st, 2015 (Stable)
New Feature: Planet Bookmarks
- Players can now save planet locations in the cockpit navigation interface
- Select a planet, then select ‘Add Bookmark’ to bookmark it
- Select a bookmarked planet from the list to set it as your navigation target
- Players can now place and register teleporters on planets
- Interact with a teleporter to add it to your list of registered destinations, which you can return to from any other teleporter
- Can also be used to teleport directly to party members
- Find Teleporter Cores in the world
- New Outpost store, the 2-Stop Teleshop, lets you use a Teleporter Core to create various types of teleporters to suit your style
- Breaking a teleporter destroys it, but refunds the Teleporter Core
- Outpost store includes a teleporter you can register for easy access to the outpost
- Purchasable teleporters: Wooden Teleporter, Brass Teleporter, Stone Teleporter, Scientific Teleporter, Futuristic Teleporter, Tomb Teleporter, Executive Teleporter
Changes:Teleportation & Returning to Worlds
- After logging out, players will be returned to the place in the world where they left (rather than back on the ship)
- Mission dungeons will persist for 10 minutes after all players have left, allowing continuation of a mission after dying
- Mission dungeons now have teleporters at the entrance and exit, should help clarify how and when to leave
- Players can no longer be attacked while teleporting
- Players can no longer initiate another teleport while teleporting
- Teleport cinematic while destination world is loading
- All player ships should now be inhabited by a non-combat pet corresponding to the character’s race, in one of a wide variety of color options
- Pets will investigate held items and various ship objects
- Pets can be fed and will develop preferences for certain foods
- Terramart now sells several pet-related items
- Food Bowl to keep your pet fed while you’re busy adventuring
- Pet Ball for your pets to play with
- Pet House for your pets to sleep in adorably
- Ancient Gateways now have another destination, a huge and ancient ruin
- Gives a few clues about Starbound’s overarching plot… so mysterious!
- Added Ancient Chest
- NPCs and ground monsters now jump accurately and reliably find paths across complex terrain
- NPCs and ground monsters are much better at avoiding and escaping liquids
- NPCs and ground monsters should become stuck MUCH less often
- Can be found underground on Radioactive worlds
- Includes various unique items and a new furniture set
- New Object: Ancient Plaque (Replaces black cat in the Erchius Mining Facility secret room)
- Reworked Apex, Avian, Floran, Glitch and Hylotl name generators to be much less (but still a little bit) silly.
- Changes to melee weapon responsiveness, damage sounds and visual feedback. Lots more of this coming in a future update!
- Ranged weapons now have varying accuracy depending on the weapon type, quality and rate of fire
- Player energy now refills much more rapidly and has a shorter delay before regenerating
- Various improvements to server architecture which should greatly improve server performance and stability
- Various improvements to internal handling of Lua API calls which should greatly reduce CPU usage, particularly in areas with many monsters or NPCs
- Many small improvements and fixes to objects throughout the game, including updating 3d printing costs in preparation for future additions to the game’s economy
- Scroll bars can now be clicked and dragged properly
- Fixed several bugs with codexes. Codexes are now retained across universes. Existing players will, unfortunately, have their codexes reset.
- Moons are now generated with solid cores to help avoid falling out the bottom
- Several improvements to grass placement, also add underground ceiling grasses to several biomes
- Fix bug where music volume changed in combat
- Several small improvements to AI interface
- Removed the annoying levitation status from random status pods
- Added optimizations and cyrillic character fixes for Hobo font. Thanks to user dsp2003 for this fix!
| v. Upbeat Giraffe
|| January 28, 2015 (Stable)
December 18th, 2015 (Unstable)
December 9th, 2015 (Nightly)
Unstable updates released December 18th, January 26th and 29th 2015. Nightly updates Daily December 9th, 2014-January 27th 2015.
- A number of storage object adjustments so storage slots better fit the size of the containers.
- Keybinding GUI
- New Boss - Erchius Horror (drops Erchius Horror (codex))
- New Store - Sign store (for making custom signs)
- New Food - Jelly
- New Objects - Outpost Cooking Table, Storage Locker (Apex), Storage Locker (Avian), Storage Locker (Floran), Storage Locker (Glitch), Storage Locker (Human), Storage Locker (Hylotl), Storage Locker (Novakid)
- New Swamp Mini Biome - Lagoon Set (Lagoon Mask, Lagoon Chestpiece, Lagoon Pants)
- New Liquid - Swamp Water
- New consumables - Antidote, Toxic Waste
- New crafting material - Limestone
- Throwables - Bouncy Ball
- New Armor - Dastardly Eyepatch, Perfect Set (Perfect Helm, Perfect Breastplate, Perfect Pants)
- New Smashable rocks (containing ores - Copper Rock, Diamond Rock, Gold Rock, Platinum Rock, Silver Rock, Small Copper Rock, Small Diamond Rock, Small Gold Rock, Small Platinum Rock, Small Silver Rock)
- New vanity armor - Alien Alpaca Set (Alien Alpaca Mask, Alien Alpaca Sweater, Alien Alpaca Legs), Slime Set (Slime Mask, Slime Shirt, Slime Pants), Lagoon Set (Lagoon Mask, Lagoon Chestpiece, Lagoon Pants)
- Massive Underground Microdungeon development -- over 150 added
- New fireableItem Lua API
- Change Windows file locking to allow multiple simultaneous client instances
- Redesigns of most tiers of human armor
- Changed bow descriptions to include damage details
- Storage Container tooltips now include number of storage slots
- Changed font used in game 
- Parallax art updates
- Lots of optimization changes
- Changed rarity levels for a large number of cooked foods
- Made outhouse intractable
- "Huge" Monster type added to the assets
- Changed Saplings appearance
- Added crafting schematics for Medical Kit, Green Stim Pack, Yellow Stim Pack, and Pile of Eyes
- Upgraded the item rarity of most crafting stations, also their names now display orange
- Updated a number of early tier item/object/crafting station descriptions and recipes
- Changed object 'hydrophobia' to be adjustable by liquid depth
- Wire node graphics have been scaled down for a cleaner look.
- A slew of sound changes and additions across the board.
- Wandering merchants should be less insanely durable.
- Short Capes, and Simple Capes can now be crafted at a Yarn Spinner.
- Poison and burning debuffs from food items have had their durations drastically reduced.
- Rarities have been adjusted on all the currently available prepared foods based on the potency of its effects. Anything rated rare or legendary is going to provide pretty powerful or especially long-lasting buffs. This should make it easier to get to the really good stuff on your cooking table.
- Human prison dungeon appearing without it’s shield generator should now be fixed.
- Fix erroneous hotkeys listed in paint tool / wire tool descriptions
- Restore Nanostove to portable pixel printer unlocks
- Fix asset loading errors on several Windows versions including XP, pre-SP2 Vista, 10 preview
- Fix a bug sending excessive inactive client disconnect requests
- Fix a crash when trying to keybind unrecognized keys
- Fix masking on headband for avian beaks
- Fix a button position overlap in sign store GUI
- Fix border detection on adjacent signs
- Fix some bugs with cat AI
- Fix exploit with Dreadwing not properly aggroing player at long range
- Change default ‘hide interface’ binding to avoid overlapping with Steam screenshot key; now uses Alt + Z
- Update a few more human armor designs
- Alien biomes now properly apply radiation status
- Fix scrollable list widgets starting at bottom
- Fix reversed alphabetical sorting in songbook
- Fix a crash due to inconsistent animation sorting in networked animator
- Change a number of container sizes to better match their object sizes
- Fix a 32 – 64 bit compatibility issue
- Fix bug with servers not properly clearing temporary files
- Fix a few other miscellaneous server and client crashes
- Change Erchius Horror phase 3 to not cross the beams
- More sign fixes
- More changes to container sizes
- Fix cooked fish hand position
- Fix more issues with keybinding international keyboard layouts
- Fix bug where NPCs were killed by breaking beds
- Updated more human armor graphics
- 3D printer shouldn’t show prices for items that can’t be scanned
- Fix monsters being hit while dying
- Fix wired objects being wired to themselves
- Fix a graphical glitch in aurora parallax
- Fix bugs with spawn adjustment and don’t allow spawning in liquids
- Fix a graphical bug where some monsters’ animation parts displayed the wrong image
- Fix universe server world corruption due to double world loading
- Adjust rarity of food items
- Fix hue shifting some stone types which prevented cobblestone from stacking properly
- Fix effects for player damage and energy depletion / regeneration
Never pushed to stable or unstable. Nightly updates Daily June 16, 2014-December 8th, 2014.
- New Quests - A Flash of Light, Prepare Yourself, Tools For The Job, Ups And Downs, It's time for a Hoe Down, Bug Hunt, A Fair Trade, Fill 'Er Up!, Stirred Not Shaken, Butcher, Baker, Widow Maker, Looking Good and Dressing Well, The Funny Pages, The Under Side, Contributing to Society, Help! I Need Somebody, Erchius Mining Facility, Psst (Sparrow Class), Early Days, Taking Out The Trash, ...., Time for a Celebration, A Lovely Bunch of Coconuts, Taking Flight, Makin' Paper, Liftoff!, Be Prepared, Dreadwing (Part I), Dreadwing (Part II), Psst (Kestrel Class), One Small Step, Pest Problem, The Good Book, This is my Song!, The Grass is Greener, An Invitation, It's Party Time, Asking Questions, Psst (Falcon Class), A Bone to Pick, Golden Ducky, Jail House Rock, Mazebound, Sharpening Up, X Marks the Spot, Mechanical Preparations, Mechanical Testing, Psst (Eagle Class), Psst (Condor Class), Fried and Battered, Pale Blue Dot, Bark Life, Hylotl's Best Friend, The Joker and the Thief, Audience of One (Part I), Audience of One (Part II), Leap for the Stars, On Paper Wings
- New Boss - Shockhopper Mk I
- New Blocks - Alien Striped Block, Alien Rock, Ancient Platform, Ancient Brick, Ancient Block, Asphalt, Cacti Block, Coconut Block, Hazard Block, Heavy Pipe, Mirror Block, Outpost Support Beam, Outpost Wall, Outpost Wall 2, Outpost Thick Wall, Petal Block, Pile of Eyes, Reeds Block, Sewer Pipe, Lunar Base Block, Lunar Base Platform, Test Pipe
- New Ores - Core Fragment Ore, Erchius Crystal, Prisilite Ore, Trianglium Ore, Spider Silk Block, Violium Ore
- New Bars - Cerulium Compound, Ferozium Compound, Impervium Compound, Prisilite Star, Refined Aegisalt, Refined Rubium, Refined Violium, Solarium Star (replaced old bars - Violium Bar, Cerulium Bar, Rubium Bar, Solarium Rod, Aegisalt Bar, Impervium Bar, Ferozium Bar)
- New Tech - Boat, Bouncy, Breath Protection, Cold Protection, Energy Charge, FTL Boost, Ground Smash, Heat Protection, Human Hoverbike, Light Rig, Particle Boost, Particle Thrust, Radiation Protection, Regeneration, Rocket Boots, Shield
- New Underground Microdungeons
- New Biomes:
- New Star types - determines what type of planets will be around them
- Gentle : Forests, deserts, etc.
- Eccentric : Has a wide variation of planet types, however they seem to only be of Moderate Threat level or lower.
- Radioactive : Planets with high radiation, alien biome planets, poisonous biomes, jungles. They will require a radiation-resistant bio-impant tech.
- Frozen : Tundra, Ice, Frozen seas. These require a cold-resistant bio-implant tech.
- Firey : Volcanic planets, dead planets. Most have high temps requiring a heat-resist bio-impant tech.
- New consumable items - Bottled Healing Water, Fungus Stim, Grass Remedy, Shroom Remedy, Synthesis Stim
- New food - 16GB Pasty, 2KB Potage, Alien Fruit Jam, Apex Fritter, Apple Crumble, Bacon Pancakes, Banana Cream Donut, Banana Ice Cream, Beakseed Bread, Beakseed Jam, Beakseed Tart, Bon Bon Bon Bons, Bon Bons, Cacti Ice Cream, Cactus Juice, Campfire Banana, Carrot Soup, Cheeseburger, Chocolate Cake, Coconut Milk (Food), Coconut Rice, Coffee Beans, Coffee Cake, Cooked Fish, Desert Salsa, Eggshoot Ice Cream, Feathercrown Jam, Feather Food, Fish Dumplings, Fish Pie, Fish Stew, Flat White Coffee, Fluffy Ruffs, Hot Hot Hotpot, Kelp, Kiwi Jam, Meat Dumplings, Meat Stew, Mocaccino, Mushroom Bread, Mushroom Quiche, Mushroom Rice, Neonmelon Jam, Ocean Risotto, Ocean Salsa, Ocean Surprise, Oculemon Meringue, Omelette, Pasty, Pearlpea Broth, Pearlpea Jam, Pearlpea Risotto, Pineapple Jam, Pineapple Pizza Slice, Porridge, Potato Grids, Pussplum Pudding, Pussplum Tart, Quiche Lorraine, Reef Juice, Reefshake, Relish, Salt Salad, Seafood Gratin, Shepherd's Pie, Snowcone, Special Fried Rice, Spiky Cookies, Spooky Pie, Spooky Donut, Sticky Ribs, Stuffed Tomato, Sweet Popcorn, Sweet Punch, Thorn Fruit, Thorn Juice, Toxic Jam Donut, Toxic Juice, Toxic Tart, Toxictop Jam, Ultimate Juice, Volcanic Salsa, Wartweed Jam, Wartweed Jam Donut
- New items - Alien Fruit, Alien Seaweed, Alien Striped Wood, Alien Weird Wood, Alien Wood Sap, Ancient Bones, Bio Sample, Tech Drive, Blue Glow Fibre, Bug Shell, Comedy Script, Dreadwing's Wreckage, Empty Bottle, Glass Coffee Mug, Gnome, Green Plant Fibre, Gunpowder, Ember Coral Fragment, Moonstone Ore, Mysterious Ashes, Mysterious Trash Bag, Orange Glow Fibre, Reed, Sheet Music, Slime Blob, String, Medical Syringe, Wild Vines, Winning Ticket, Yellow Glow Fibre
- Poptops added
- New chest - Gun Chest
- New building markers - Commemorative Marker, Iron Plaque, Polished Stone Plaque, Golden Plaque
- New human armor - Armored Vest, Communications Visor, Military Greaves, Military Breastplate, Military Helmet, Metal Pants
- New Guns - Aegisalt Pistol, Aegisalt Rifle, Alien Laser Gun, Blizzard Blaster, Blowgun, Bone Pistol, Bone Rifle, Bone Shotgun, Cell Zapper, Corrosive Gun, Eye Blaster, Ferozium Launcher, Ferozium Pistol, Ferozium Rifle, Ferozium Sniper Rifle, Globe Launcher, Gnome Gun, Harpoon Gun, Pollen Pump, Shattergun, Stinger Gun, The Aegishot, Thorny Needler, Water Gun
- New Bows - Aegisalt Bow, Compound Bow, Ferozium Bow, Frozen Bow, Light Bow, Poison Bow. Rock Bow, Slingshot
- New gate-related objects: Ancient Console, Ancient Pillar
- New Unique Biome Weapons
- Bone: Bone Sword
- Cell Cave: Cellshade, Chromosword
- Colorful: Striking Blue Crayon, Striking Green Crayon, Striking Purple Crayon, Striking Orange Crayon, Striking Red Crayon, Striking Yellow Crayon, Rainbow Sword
- Coral Cave: Coral Cleaver, Heat Cleaver
- Crystal Cave: Hackman, Hackmanight
- Desert: Cactislammer
- Frostfire: Fire Sword, Water Sword
- Geometric: Frost Spear
- Heck: Splatterknife, Gutterknife
- Hive: Terminite, X-Terminitor
- Slime Caves: Cutarrh, Katarrhna
- Wilderness: Undergrowth Trimmer, Overgrown Mower
- Mushroom Cavern: Smashroom, Blighchen
- Tar: Sabertooth Spear, Tar Hammer
- New Biome specific Vanity Armor
- Bioluminescence: Biolumin Set (Biolumin Mask, Bio Shirt, Biolumin Pants)
- Bone: Apex Skull, Avian Skull, Floran Skull, Glitch Skull, Human Skull, Hylotl Skull, Jeff
- Colorful: Blue Crayon, Green Crayon, Orange Crayon, Purple Crayon, Red Crayon, Yellow Crayon, Rainbow Wood Set (Rainbow Wood Head, Rainbow Wood Shirt, Rainbow Wood Pants)
- Eyeball: Eyeball Set (Optic Nerve Shirt, Eyeball Pants)
- Frozenfire: Fire Crown, Frost Crown
- Garden: Quiver
- Giant Flower: Butterfly Wings
- Geometric: Cyclops Yeti Mask, Survival Gear Backpack
- Gnome Village: Building Hat, Gnome Hat, Gnome Cap, House Hat
- Ice Caverns: Ice Cube Mask
- Jungle: Headband
- Mushroom: Evil Mushroom Hat, Ragged Cape
- Ocean: Beach Creeper Set (Beach Creeper Face, Beach Creeper Tan, Beach Creeper Shaved Legs), Deep Diver Helmet, Snorkel
- Spring: Flowery Set (Flowery Vines, Flowery Shirt, Flowery Mask, Flowery Pants)
- Tar: Back Spear, Pre-Historic Set (Pre-Historic Woolly Tail, Pre-Historic Woolly Pants, Pre-Historic Fur Coat),Sabertooth Helm, Thick Tar Mask, Tar Set (Tar Mask, Tar Shirt, Tar Pants)
- Wilderness - Wild Fungus Set (Wild Fungus Rags, Wild Fungus Cap, Wild Fungus Skirt)
- New Weapons - Rock Bat, Steel Spoon
- New Mini-Biome Objects
- Alien: Alien Bed, Alien Chair, Alien Chest, Alien Door, Alien Table
- Alpine: Stone Bed, Stone Chair, Stone Chest, Stone Door, Stone Table
- Bioluminescence: Glowbush Lamp, Glowflower Lamp, Glowfibre Chest, Glowvine Lamp
- Bioluminescent Cave: Bio Shroom Table
- Flesh: Flesh Bed
- Frozen Fire: Frozen Fire Chair
- Jungle: Vine Chest
- Oasis: Reed Bed, Reed Chair, Reed Chest, Reed Door, Reed Lamp, Reed Shelf, Reed Wall Clock
- Ocean: Broken Anchor
- Large Flower: Big Flower Statue, Flower Lamp, Moving Sunflower, Petal Fountain, Strange Flower Box
- Gnome Village: Tiny Church, Tiny Clock Tower, Tiny Flats (1), Tiny Flats (2), Tiny Flats (3), Tiny Flats (4), Tiny Inn, Tiny Lamppost, Tiny House (1), Tiny House (2), Tiny House (3), Tiny House (4), Tiny House (5), Tiny House (6), Tiny House (7), Tiny Windmill
- Mushroom: Mushroom Statue, Mushroom Wardrobe
- Spring: Deck Lounge Chair, Spring Chest
- Tar: Tar Bed, Tar Chair, Tar Console, Tar Door, Tar Lantern, Tarman, Tarpit Chest
- Rainbow Wood: Rainbow Wood Bed, Rainbow Wood Chair, Rainbow Wood Chest, Rainbow Wood Door
- Snow: Fancy Snowman
- Underground Cave: Rock Bed, Rock Chair, Rock Chest (Container), Stalactite Lamp
- New Throwables - Ball of Gnomes, Blue Glowstick, Coconut, Corrosive Grenade, Cutter Leaf, Gigantic Snowball, Green Glowstick, Hunting Spear, Large Snowball, Medium Snowball, Orange Glowstick, Snowflake Shuriken, Tarball, Thorn Grenade, Throwing Bones, Yellow Glowstick
- Toys: Beachball, Blue Firework, Bowling Ball, Bowling Pin, Green Firework, Novelty Banana, Paper Plane, Red Firework, Water Balloon
- New Server Commands added
- New Human and Hylotl hairstyles added to character creator
- Added instrumental track Jupiter and changed combat music.
- New Vanity Armor - Bedouin Set (Bedouin Head Armour, Bedouin Chestpiece, Bedouin Leg Armour), Ethnic Mask, Gag Nose, Gladiator Helmet, Hawaiian Set (Hawaiian Flower Crown, Hawaiian Chest, Hawaiian Skirt), Ice Armor Set (Ice Armor Mask, Ice Armor Shirt, Ice Armor Pants), Insidious Mask, Light Helm, Mining Helmet, Mutant Miner's Set (Mutant Miner's Helmet, Mutant High-Vis Jacket), Reed Hat, Tiger Hat, Tiger Tail, Teddy Hat, Paper Wings, Predatory Set (Predatory Head, Predatory Chest, Predatory Pants), Rock Hat, Rock Set (Rock Head, Rock Chest, Rock Pants), Unicorn Head, Vicious Mask
- New Tools - Ice Axe, Old Rod, Swinging Vine
- New staffs - Bio Staff, Boom Blast Staff, Boulder Staff, Cardinal's Chalcedony, Dangpa's Fury, Deadbolt Staff, Fleshbringer, G4mE bReÄK3r, Glitch Artifact, Hylid's Pulse Staff,
Leaf Flurry, Monkey Nut Staff, Petal Storm Staff, Plasma Pulse Staff, Quetzalcoatl's Quartz, Red Giant Orb, Sacred Splash Staff,Sci Staff, Supergiant Orb
- New objects - Beanstalk, Classic Painting (Apex), Help Me Sign, Golden Egg, Large Portcullis, Novakid Flag, Please Get Sign, Tall Chair, Hula Girl
- New Lore Codex Sets: Erchius Records #01, #02, #03, Floran Caverns: Analysis, Floran Caverns: Study, Floran Caverns: Tactics
- New object sound effects
- Bugcatching Introduced: Bug Net
- Catchable Bugs: Ashsprite, Aurorabee, Blueback, Brightstripe, Butterbee, Cinderfly, Dewhopper, Driftbell, Dustmoth, Fawnfly, Fireygiant, Flameroach, Frostfleck, Frostfly, Gasgiant, Glowbug, Goldbuck, Greentip, Heathugger, Hivehog, Icetip, Lavahopper, Muddancer, Mudstag, Orphanfly, Phoenixfly, Polarmoth, Redwing, Sandclown, Scuttleploom, Seahornet, Shadowmoth, Shardwing, Shellcreep, Snowskater, Stinkjack, Sunskipper, Thornbee, Tidefly, Vineclimber, Wavebird, Xenofly
- Novakids added as character race option
- New Novakid starter armor - Waistcoat, Black Pants, Waist Coat (Formal), Black Pants (Formal), Waist Coat (Suspenders), Black Pants (Suspenders), Fancy Chest, Fancy Pants
- New Novakid tiered armor
- Tier 1 (Deputy's Set): Deputy's Vest, Deputy's Hat, Deputy's Slacks
- Tier 2 (Bandit Set): Bandit Vest, Bandit Hat, Bandit Slacks
- Tier 3 (Rogue's Set): Rogue's Chest, Rogue's Hat, Rogue's Pants
- Tier 4 (Sheriff's Set): Sheriff's Vest, Sheriff's Hat, Sheriff's Slacks
- Tier 5 (Bonesaw's Set): Bonesaw's Chest, Bonesaw's Hat, Bonesaw's Slacks
- Tier 6 (Clockwork Set): Clockwork Chest, Clockwork Hat, Clockwork Pants
- Tier 7 (Bandito's Set): Bandito's Poncho, Bandito's Sombrero, Bantido's Pants
- Tier 8 (Gambler's Set): Gambler's Vest, Gambler's Hat, Gambler's Pants
- Tier 9 (Varmint's Set): Varmint's Plate, Varmint's Hat, Varmint's Pants
- Tier 10 (Wrangler's Set): Wrangler's Plate, Wrangler's Hat, Wrangler's Pants
- New Novakid Ship design added
- New Novakid guns
- Revolvers - Rusty Revolver, Old Faithful, Fast Hands, Lone Star, The Doc, Red Dwarf, The Ugly, Lawkeeper, The Good, Sundancer, The Bad
- Rifles - Red Ryder, Winchestar, Fierce Repeater, Kablammity Jane, The Apache, Red Giant, Almighty Magnetar, Lawmaker, Steadfast Nova, Sunblaster, Wild Pulsar
- New Novakid Staff - Red Giant Orb
- Outpost planet type added (a static location that acts as the main quest and vendor hub).
- Doors - Outpost Large Airlock, Outpost Small Airlock
- Decorative Objects - A bench, Arcade Game, Bathroom Hand Dryer, Bathroom Sink, Bathroom Stall, Bathroom Trash, Bathroom Urinal, Coffee Machine, Eight, Escape Radar Dish, Filing Cabinet, Fire Extinguisher, Five, Four, Golden Plaque, Iron Plaque, Metal Light Fixture, Nine, One, Outpost Bed, Outpost Button, Outpost Cabinet, Outpost Cargo Crate, Outpost Chair, Outpost Console, Outpost Crane, Outpost Desk, Outpost Fridge, Outpost Keypad, Outpost Lockers, Outpost Microwave, Outpost Monitor, Outpost PC, Outpost Public Chair, Outpost Radar Dish, Outpost Security Console, Outpost Service Panel,Outpost Shipping Container, Outpost Sliding Door, Outpost Short Cargo Crate, Outpost Small Monitor, Outpost Standing Desk, Outpost Table, Outpost Tank, Outpost Terminal, Plastic Plant, Roof Vent, Water Cooler (outpost), Outpost Wall Light, Outpost Wall Light (2), Polished Stone Plaque, Power Generator, Seven, Six, Three, Two, Zero
- Vendors - Infinity Express, Penguin Bay, Terramart, Treasured Trophies
- Lunar Base objects - Antenna, Broken Tank, Lunar Base Blastdoor, Lunar Base Bunk, Lunar Base Chair, Lunar Base Console, Lunar Base Crate, Lunar Base Lantern, Lunar Base Locker, Lunar Laser, Mining Chest, Mining Drill Console, Mining Hatch, Power Sign, Red Light
- Floran Mission Objects - Animal Cave Art, Ceremonial Cave Art, Death Warning Sign, Dirt Trapdoor, Falling Rocks Sign, Hunter Cave Art, Mysterious Cave Art, Nowayout, Old Falling Rocks Sign, Old Warning Sign, Skull Torch Stand, Sun Cave Art, Thewayisblocked, Trap Chest, Turnback
- Dreadwing Mission Objects - Trading Card #01, Penguins Only Sign, Rusty Hatch
- Pixel requirement for most early game crafting recipes removed
- New Crafting Stations - Iron Crafting Table, Alloy Furnace, Research Station, Replicator, Magnetic Crucible, Accelerator's Table, Manipulator's Table, Separator's Table, Employers Table, Fossil Station
- Many old crafting schematics have been reorganized into these new stations
- Crafting progression split into three paths after Durasteel tier
- Tiered Table Recipes Added - Iron Table, Steel Table, Titanium Table, Durasteel Table, Aegisalt Table, Ferozium Table. Cerulium Table, Violium Table, Rubium Table, Impervium Table
- Other Recipes Added - Bricks, Ice Machine, Roof Tiles, Snowman
Monsters and Combat
- Monster Combat Changed:
- Knockback removed
- Touching most monsters no longer hurts the player
- Added stun state to monsters
- New Monster Parts
- Massive amount of unique attacks added for each monster body part, both ranged and special
- Attack behavior changed for ground monsters and birds
- Monster vocalization toned down
- Monster spawning changes:
- The set of monster families which spawn in an area is now biome specific
- Color palette of monsters can now be configured to match biomes
- Density of each monster type can be individually adjusted
- Size matters - Smaller monster variants are now weaker and more common, while larger monsters are stronger with more deadly special attacks (e.g. only large types use projectile attacks)
- Large Flying Monster type added
- Aquatic Monster type added 
- Monsters no longer cluster around planet beam down points
- Monster difficulty curve smoothed for early game, also difficulty now scales upward with depth underground.
- Poptops added
- New boss which digs through the ground and attacks with a drill
- Shockhopper Mk. 1, a penguin mech boss
- Dreadwing boss fight quest
- Removed Fatal Circuit
- Removed Bone Dragon
- Shields completely overhauled, added 'guard crush' mechanic
- Ability to parry attacks added
- Swords are now aimable
- Temperature removed, extreme planets now require protective tech suits
- Matter Manipulator is now upgradeable - Upgrades increase speed, mining radius and allow liquid harvesting
- Crops changes
- Large performance improvement from tile rendering changes
- Startup Screen changes
- Chuckle sound sped up
- Logo updated to new Chucklefish Logo
- Penguin waddle cycle added to loading bar
- Admin logins enabled
- MASSIVE Status Effect System overhaul - system rewrite and optimization of of all status effects (effects on objects, beds, liquid effects, tech, light sources, heat, armor stats and more)
- Character deletion option added to character selection screen.
- Added race specific appearance for Ship objects
- Doubled energy increase for racial helms of all tiers
- Removed the ability to repair pickaxes and drills
- Removed: Diamond Ore, Stone Axe, Stone Hoe, Stone Pickaxe
- Reduced durability for all pickaxes
- Obtaining many throwable weapons now teaches their respective crafting schematic
- Associated mining tool ore collection with tool level (lower level tools can no longer mine high level ore)
- Terrain Generation changes, improved terrain variety and cave generation
- Wiring System Changes
- Weather Changes - Made easier to configure and to add new weathers, is now client controlled
- Essential items, such as the Matter Manipulator, have new slots below the action bar and act more as permanent upgrades than items
- Interactable objects now pulse glow when cursored over, added keyboard hotkey indicators for interaction in early game
- Redesigned appearance of human armor for a more "militarized" look
- Rebalanced most racial armor - Adjusted stats, crafting stations required and default coloring for many sets.
- Messages alerting players 'Ores Dropped' and '30% Pixel Loss' upon death
- Removed developer costume armor sets
- Mining tools are now unable to mine ore more than one tier above them; descriptions of mining tools modified to reflect this change
- Added back to game: Microphone (Female)
- Items can now suppress movement whilst being used
- Loss of ores in inventory when player dies in normal difficulty
- Difficulty Modes changed.
- Casual loses 30% pixels only.
- Normal loses 30% pixels and player drops ores that can be retrieved.
- Hardcore mode has been removed.
- Permadeath unchanged.
- Dungeon shield generators prevent mining blocks in large dungeons
- Added support for floating dungeons
- Added a way to access the stage of a farmable via lua
- Added new function to lua API to get item descriptor (not just name)
- Added case insensitive option to regexMatch, case sensitive by default
- Items are now scriptable (weapons, tools, materials, etc)
- Player, NPC, and monster stats and status effects are now scriptable, removal of the old 'augment system' for armor effects
- Status effects are now driven by Lua scripts and have access to a wide variety of API functions. Opens them up for modding, gives them all the abilities of tech
- Added ability to fine tune where and when biomes appear
- Introduced an alternate way to specify a Rect variant
- Fixed Human Dagger graphics
- Fixed edge case array assignment in c++ lua api
- Fixed damage poly rotation in rotated projectiles
- Fixed issue where Grappling hook sometimes causes a crash
| v. Enraged Koala
|| February 18, 2014
This update will allow us to add new biomes and make changes to worlds without the possibility of the player losing their world. There will likely be one more world wipe sometime in the future when we finalize the universe layout. This won’t include a character/ship wipe, though, and you can still back up your worlds.
A ton of work has gone into our patching system. After this update, we’ll be able to push content updates as and when they’re completed, rather than waiting for big engine updates to be completed. Updates after this patch will come at a near daily rate.
- Valentine’s Day items including swords, costumes, decorations, bow, etc
- Engine feature, tech can now be granted by armors
- Keybinding reconfiguration, minus the UI (you can reconfigure keys through a config file)
- Server stability fixes for servers with many players
- New death animations
- Engine feature, all objects are now scriptable and interactive
- More Avian weaponry (Avian Spear, Avian Blaster)
- Projectile changes
- Dogs can now be captured (lots more pets coming soon)
- A bunch of new items and smaller pieces of content
- New (actually sounds good!) microphone instrument with sounds provided by Smooth McGroove!
Update 1 (February 22, 2014)
Another small update to Enraged Koala, fixes the alpha sector not being unlocked and some other small-ish bugfixes.
Adds a new Heck biome, which for technical reasons will change the universe generation process, so if you have a world and you want to keep your world accessible, make sure to go visit it before grabbing the latest patch so it’s stored in the new celestial database. Similarly, to find the new heck biome you may have to travel to a world on the map you haven’t seen before.
Some other items and things were added, but not sure if they’re accessible yet.
Update 2 (March 3rd, 2014)
The following changes were made in the unstable branch from February 26th to March 1st and were pushed to the stable branch on March 3rd.
- Treasure Horde sub-biome development
- New treasure room micro dungeon
- New objects for treasure horde and treasure dungeon: golden pedestal, grail, treasure chest, gold filled barrel, safe, gold vase (breakable pot, styles: Odd Gold Jug, Gold Jug, Gold Slim Jug, Gold Sexy Jug, Gold Classic Jug), diamond display, wooden gold filled crate, Venus de Pixel, GeorgeV Dev Statue
- New ‘Heavy Iron Bars’ block
- Make meteor showers less likely
- New exception system that makes Windows binary much MUCH smaller
- New mysterious light object
- New ruins platform tiles
- New, better, faster, stronger, more entertaining item descriptions
- No more version strings required on mods, it was causing more problems than it was solving
- New pak update system that makes steam updates of pak changes much much much smaller
- Small exception fixes, no longer rename worlds when exception is not io related, better messages in some cases
- New random swords
- Coordinate corruption recovery for certain world files
- Updated to Skyrails 2.0
- Logfile rotation for starbound.log and starbound_server.log
- Support for animated elements in cinematics
- Spinner on loading screen
- Hailstone weather (Added hail stone weather to arctic, forest, snow and tundra biomes)
- Deadlock fix on shutdown
- New random blood / bone based gun and projectile
- Added blood vomit muzzle flash
- New projectiles: hail stone, bone thorn
- New items in Heck, including the helmet pictured above
- Internal assets and pak based mods (if it is selected during build) will be version checked between clients and servers and must match
- Apex micro dungeon changes
- Some extra boring bug fixes not listed here
- Added snow weather to some biome types
- "-nerfer" added to name pool for new Apex, Avian, and Floran characters
Update 3 (March 18th, 2014)
Updating to let you guys know that everything listed in the previous [UNSTABLE] update has been pushed to the [STABLE] beta branch. We have pushed the big red button. :D
Unstable Update 1 (March 4th, 2014)
Unstable Update 2 & 3 (March 7th, 2014)
Shiny new stuff:
- 5 new weathers – sandstorm, snowstorm, fog, ash storm, space dust
- Ash (found in magma and volcanic biomes)
- Spacedust (found in arid, magma, savannah, and volcanic biomes)
- Sandstorm (found in arid, barren, desert, and savannah biomes)
- Snowstorm (found in arctic, snow, and tundra biomes)
- Sandstorm weather is now the only weather in desert biomes
- Updated Fog Weather
- A couple new Agaran hats (Agaran Agaric Hat, Agaran Sky Blue Hat)
- More objects for Heck! (Heck Pillar, Heck Pillar (2), Heck Sign)
- Some mysterious Floran pods Giant Fungal Pod, Open Fungal Pod, Open Fungal Pod (2)
- Possible fix for repeat keys never triggering callback, hence resulting in old data being used (e.g. after holding backspace to clear account in server connect dialog).
- Unix & Windows LockFile implementation, also fix bug with texturing flag not being moved during operator=
- Fixed sit alignment on tier10 chair
- Much improved variant <-> lua handling
- Assorted engine fixes (e.g “Tag manifest as windows 7 compatible, trying to work our way out from under compatflags”)
Unstable Update 4 (March 14th, 2014)
Update 4 (March 26th, 2014)
Have fun and enjoy. Please refer to the previous unstable changelogs cumulatively, we'll probably compile an announcement for it Monday. :D
Unstable Update 5 (March 18th, 2014)
Hey! We’re making another upload to the unstable branch today– just small updates, with one semi-important scripting fix that affects mostly mods (which is why we’d like it to go out quickly).
- Temporarily disable image.cache (was accidentally re-enabled) pending incorporation into pak files
- Fix Lua <-> C++ conversion with maps consisting of integers
- net_socket_test, since it no longer waits on a specific packet type, had a race condition bug (fixed)
- Weather conditions (embers, space junk, minor edits to windstorm)
- Projectiles added to windstorm
- New Weather Types
- Greenhouse random encounter, with lovely little flower beds :D (not craftable yet, but you can go steal them from a greenhouse!)
- New Hat (Shroom Disguise Mask)
Unstable Update 6 (April 2nd, 2014)
Unstable Update 7 (April 8th, 2014)
Hey, listen! Patch notes for today’s update! It’s not a big one for content, since we’ve been focusing on some content-related things that are taking a bit longer. This one’s more focused on fixes or changes:
- Added case insensitive option to regexMatch, case sensitive by default -> updated pak_ignore file for case insensitive matching
- Fix bug with background mods not being shadowed properly
- Some general cleanup of StarAssets.hpp/StarMonsterDatabase.cpp/StarMonsterDatabase.hpp/StarRoot.hpp
- Added timer to fix monster oscillation while in wander state
- Fixed some objects (drain, midjar1, windstorm2.projectile)
- Add /serverreload server side command, fix ImageMetadataDatabase threading crash
- Cleaned up the build process
- Retain script storage if retainObjectParametersInItem is set in an object
- All directional swords should not override the arm frame, fixes back arm drawing bug
- Don’t allow material ids out of the actual material id range (same for mods), fix skyrail ids by wrapping them to what they actually represent in the file
- Added tileIsOccupied to the Lua Bindings
- Changes to monster behaviors/skills as per this post
- Conversion of existing monsters to .partparams, with a few exceptions
- Some extra notes for modders provided here.
Unstable Update 8 (April 24th, 2014)
We pushed an update to the unstable branch last night!
Here’s what’s new:
- Updated OSX build scripts to allow it to work with OSX 10.7+ – Please let us know if this is working for you!
- Fixed issue where Grappling Hook sometimes causes a crash (and Climbing Rope)
- Added new function to lua API to get item descriptor (not just name) from an entity’s hand “entityHandItemDescriptor”
- Fix visual smelting bug
- Made preview images flippable for asymmetric tiered doors (Violium Door, Rubium Door, and Impervium Door)
- Fixed issue with build tests
- 'Monster part' adjustments
- added variables to allow Treasure Room spawning
OmnipotentEntity posted about the update on our subreddit earlier today as a head’s up, but I was running around at appointments and wasn’t here to do the changelog until now. Sorry for the late post! There’s a lot more work going on in separate branches that isn’t quite ready for primetime, but this patch is important in that it should allow people with older versions of OSX to be able to play– OSX 10.7.5 compatibility is one of our most common support questions! Additionally, this branch is probably going to be the new “stable” soon.
| v. Furious Koala
|| January 26, 2014
Hey there Stargazers and Sports Racers, it’s been quite some time since the last patch, and we have some very large changes dropping this release.
- Absolutely massive changes to disk serialization (sorry reversers), which will allow us to never need to wipe players or ships again, and hopefully never need to wipe worlds again.
- Related, we now have a proper versioning system for save files.
- Added difficulty levels and permadeath characters to the game.
- Packed assets into databases (speeds up startup significantly), and included asset packing and unpacking utilities with the distribution.
- This should also allow for easier distribution of mods, and easier construction and management of slimmed down distributions for dedicated servers (official server paks coming soon.)
- Fix some graphical glitches with the wire nodes.
- Fixed some pretty nasty deadlocking bugs with networking.
- Fixed some very strange memory leak bugs stemming from a gcc lambda capture bug.
- Fixed various crash bugs related to a number of different issues (more specifics listed in “Info About the Upcoming Patch“– thanks for the bug reports, keep em coming)
- Speed up improvements with falling sand and other projectiles.
- More efficient databases storage layout.
- Documentation for lua functions have been written, and we’re going to release them soonish.
- Removed NaN floats from the code for performance reasons (reenabled -ffinite-math-only), we had been using them to signal that the float is disabled or in an invalid state, but we have a system for that now.
- Some internal changes that make maintaining code much happier for us, including better enum to string handling and much faster compiles.
- Other minor things, too numerous to list here (see “Info About the Upcoming Patch“).
- It’s no longer the holiday, so we’ve removed the holiday stuff for now, we’ll put them back when we have a better way of enabling it for holiday time.
- PVP is now forced enabled within Sector X. If you’re in a party there’s no team damage though.
- All player drops are persistent now. So if you accidentally throw your diamond drill down a mineshaft, you don’t have to suicide trying to get it back before it disappears.
- New Monster attacks (gravity slam! gust attacks! other stuff!)
- Fixed Legendary Weapons damage (adjusted up to be more… well… Legendary.)
- We’ve put in new Techs (such as a Glitch Mech).
- New biome type enabled. Savannah.
- Boss Lore!
- No more eating bandages and stims, they have their own thing now.
- Better, more featureful .abc file support, and we have Wanderlust music in the game now. (Thanks Leth and D2!)
- Made NPC chatter more configurable and slightly more varied.
- Added new objects (such as lava biome treasure chests).
- Added new items (like nightsticks and bonesaws).
- New procedurally generated weapons:
- Melee: Crystal Spear, Floran Mace, Floran Prod, Frying Pan, Glitch Large Mace, Glitch Small Mace, Mushroom Sword (Procedural), Rainbow Spear, Rust Sword, Shiv, Slave Sword, Steel Chair, Tesla Spear, Toxic Broadsword, Twisted Spear
- Ranged: Crossbow, Flamethrower, Floran Grenade Launcher, Needler, Lightning Coil, Pulse Rifle, Revolver, Uzi
- Throwable: Hand Grenade, Bug Hive
- Sword swooshes are only active for 0.6 seconds instead of 0.9 seconds.
- Making cooldown times actually matter without slowing down combat. Also fine tuned their hitboxes.
- Viking helmet? Viking helmet.
- Watch out for landmines.
- Various changes to treasure drop pools (like Avian Guards actually dropping their guns…)
- Minor tweaks to existing armors to make them look better.
- Medieval Furnace now actually acts like a Furnace. (Rejoice).
- Graphical upgrades to some existing plants, and new plants.
- Lots more secret stuff! :OOO
- New vanity hats: Banana Mask, Beehive, Berry Hat, Brewmaster Hat, Bunny Hat, Captain's Cap, Cool Fez, Eyeball Mask, Hero's Cap, Kitty Hat, Luchador Mask, M1 Helmet, M1 Medic Helmet, Plague Doctor Mask, Pyramid Head, Sassy Beret, Strawberry Mask, Symbiote, The Iron Avian Helmet, Very Subtle Wig
- New vanity set: Miner's Set, consisting of Miner's Helmet and High-Vis Jacket.
- New instrument: The model M
- Racial flags now have correct icons.
- Saplings now have an inventory description and racial description.
- Bosses now drop 5 of their respective item: Molten Core, Processor, Dragon Bone, or Endomorphic Jelly
- New objects: Disobey Sign, Fantasy Board Game, Hunting Pressure Plate, Mining Conveyer Belt, Miner's Door, Mining Hazard Sign, Mining Impact Crusher, Mining Railing, Mining Skip
- Undocumented Micro-update:
| v. Angry Koala
|| December 22, 2013
A ton of new content in this update. We've added a bunch of new features to world generation,
which might require you to start on a new universe. To make sure you get access to all the new
crafting items you either need to unlock sectors again or create a new character.
- Added skyrails based on Apjjms mod!
- Added a brand new weather system, moddable weather/new environment effects
- Hydrophobic objects are destroyed by all liquids
- Trees can now be planted
- Critical items stay on the ground longer
- Some new monster behaviours
- You must now be orbiting a planet to set it as your home
- Free teleportation to home planet from ships teleporter
- add acid rain, meteor showers, water collecting during storms and more
- made species mods easier to combine with one another
- add support for keysignature and keysignature changes for the abc system
- Disable speedlimit for default projectiles to fix inaccurate bullets
- New craftable turrets based on healthire's mod
- You can now land on asteroid fields, based on hints mod
- Tech now has descriptive instructions
- Tons of Christmas stuff!!
- Pos no longer 1 hit kill you
- You can no longer breathe on moons or asteroid fields without the proper equipment
- Better fix fall damage
- New barren planets perfect for building
- Gravity now varies from planet to planet
- Some planet backgrounds improved
- Existing biomes can appear with different liquid types
- You can now craft racial flags, to show you've been to a planet
- NPCs will now switch to melee weapons up close
- More random encounters
- Pos can now be captured
- Wiring station can now be built to access to a ton of different wiring tools
- fixed mech legs
- tons of server improvements
| v. Offended Koala
|| December 15, 2013
- Experimental gun rebalance
- Experimental biome settings
- Streamlined mod support, more details here
- Unique monster changes
- Enable plasma guns
- Fix naked NPC merchants
- New portable pixel printer item (you must unlock tier 2 for it to show up in crafting).
- Tons of new blocks and items to craft
- New random encounters with unique items to find
- Lots of work in progress server changes
- Pets only attack npcs that are attacking the owner
- New songs to play on instruments including christmas carols
- New novelty hats
- Pets now level up
- You can no longer warp to gas giants
- Lots more fixes and small additions
| v. Indignant Koala
|| December 11, 2013
NPC's and Enemies
There are a whole bunch of improvements to balance here, particularly in the early game.
We aren’t wiping characters or worlds, but if you want to experience the proper balance you should make a new character/worlds to play it on!'
- Nerf the hell out of birds, they no longer attack you at long range, lower damage, don’t follow you forever.
- Monster projectiles across the board better balanced
- AI improvements
- Shields better balanced
- Early armors better balanced
- Melee weapons better balanced
- Ores better balanced
- You are now invincible on your ship (this requires a new character)
- You need to be hit a lot harder to get knocked back
- Drills now destroy 3×3 blocks
- Nerf fall damage
- New “melting” status effect on lava makes lava super dangerous (watch out)
- fixed the bubble gun crashing on mouse over
- improve grass ( Suggestion by Dracyoshi)
- some UI updates
- Other misc changes!
| v. Frustrated Koala
|| December 10, 2013
Corrected issues with the new leveling system that caused some weapons to have the stats of their old level (e.g. lvl 35), when there are only 10 levels in the game.
No character wipe was done, but if you want to use none overpowered items and worlds, best to make a new character.
| v. Annoyed Koala
|| December 10, 2013
This is a HUGE balance patch, every item, creature, armor and weapon has been rebalanced. The leveling system has entirely been rewritten. However although the balance is unpolished in the new leveling system, the system is much better than the old one and we can now improve balance over time.
This patch implemented a Character Wipe.
- Added early implementation of creature taming (more features coming soon)
- Added a stance system to weaponry, not currently used but will allow us to add secondary attacks to weaponry very soon.
- You can no longer attack through blocks
- Added new mining items
- Added new weapons
- Added new throwable items
- Added grappling hook
- Guns more common in tier 3
- Added pixel compressor for high cost banking (idea from Ncrpts)
- Added new hats
- Disabled using the beamaxe to light up caves underground.
NPC's and Enemies
- Added new boss and new sector of the galaxy
- Added Baby monsters
- New monster palettes
- Some monsters now graze on grass (can look ugly, needs finishing)
- Small bipeds now socialise with eachother
- All the monsters behave smarter and are less likely to get stuck
Music and Sound
Galaxy and World Generation
- Underground detached/rare biomes more common
- Underground random encounters more common
- Underground chests more common
- Ore rebalance (probably way way too much ore at the moment, will be fixed later, enjoy it)
- Fix the game on XP (hopefully) (NOTE : This requires removal of all manually added fixes on the users end, or clicking of the Verify Game Cache Files" button on steam, to properly obtain the fixes.)
- Launcher now contains a way to start the game using the OpenGl version of the game.
- Tons more fixes and smaller additions
| v. Irritated Koala
|| December 5, 2013
- Massively reducing the Pixel cost (sometimes eliminating it entirely) on early weapons/armor.
- You can build a Refinery in later tiers to turn ores of all kinds into pixels.
- Monsters now have a small chance to drop meat when killed with normal weapons.
- You can no longer teleport to another players ship from underground.
- Bandages are now craftable with 4 Plant Fibres, no longer require fabric
- Fix Human starter chest showing Apex starter items.
- Monsters now have a 70% chance to drop Raw Steak when killed with a hunting weapon, up from 50%.
- Make guards you’ve summoned refer to you as their boss.
- Make the Refinery appear earlier in the game.
- Reduced fuel costs a bit to go to other planets.
- Tweaked wording of starter quests to encourage exploring of more planets.
- Added Hunting Knife weapon that also makes monsters drop meat.
- Added new legendary weapon.
- Pixel loss on death reduced to 20% for testing, might change further.
- Silver visibility increased.
- Added new armor that provides a good amount of warmth early on in the game at the sacrifice of armor levels
- Tweaked the UFO boss to make him smash blocks.
- Also make him a little bit easier by changing him to level 9 from level 10.
- Revamping the warmth bar to make it more obvious. (suggestion by thedbp on reddit)
- Increased mining speed a little.
- Added numbers above the hotbar slots.
- Craftable climbing ropes!
- Make sure hunger bar is always shown when eating food
- Make hunger bar display when the alt key is held down
- Added a dumb, quick way to advance through some of the tier 4-10 content (armors, weapons), just for fun.
- Fixed a bug where minibosses over level 11 were not dropping the rare items they were supposed to be dropping. They now drop guns. (Thank you to <ippia> for finding this)
- UFOs should hopefully not fly off anymore, they were actually flying off to attack birds!
- Tons of bug fixes
| v. Perturbed Koala
|| December 4, 2013
- "Starbound Beta" released.
Click Expand to open an index of daily update posts during the games Alpha development.
- 30th November - Beta Release Date Announced! December 4th. Link to beta FAQ.
- 22nd November - Balanced recipes, changed monster spawn at night, boss config, locked doors, animated gifs of two weapon type effects. Sentrybot encounter screenshots. New player ships!
- 15th November - Screenshots of bandits/cultists, Molotov explosion and new fire. Animated gif of revamped human mech.
- 11th November - Monster balance, namegen, Glitch castle dungeon NPC population. Screenshots of encounter with Glitch castle.
- 9th November - Discussion of beta distribution regarding Steam and DRM free. Laying out options of Steam vs DRM free DL. Three options and advantages for each.
- 5th & 6th November - Monster AI, tiered weapon naming. Preview gif of morphball tech.
- 3rd & 4th November - New ship designs, Floran dungeon screenshots, and monster AI work.
- 2nd November - Tech configuration. Preview animation for bubble boost and butterfly boost techs.
- 30th October- How the beta is going to work! Three stages, and a breakdown of each stage and what to expect. 'DO' or 'DO NOT' breakdown for each stage to determine where each player would like to join.
- 26th & 27th October - Status effect UI (making it more apparent there was cold/drowning). Lore was added. Buff work. Screenshots of desert biome wallpaper, bandits and a burrito.
- 25th October - Status effect icons, added tree spawning to villages. Blocks, dungeon work, bugs. Animated gif of poison banana bread.
- 23rd & 24th October - Gif of Glitch Horseknight. Bandits and cultists now shout, minibiome tiles, enemy AI. Screenshot of new Floran dungeon.
- 22nd October - Ore distribution, dungeons and lore. Animated gif of lore!
- 21st October - Previous Release date delays. Post by Tiy discussing the reasons for pushing back the originally planned release date and re-assurance that they'll be a playable beta by year end. A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad
- 19th & 20th October - Random encounters, status effects, and tiny boss teaser.
- 18th October - General cleanup, NPC and object implementation. Small pic of Sewer dungeon.
- 17th October - Dungeon work, added drops, monsters and cultists. Animated gif of Giant Sewer Fly.
- 15th & 16th October - Mini-biomes, dungeons. Guard NPC behavior, tech programming. Butterflies, race descriptions, Glitch robo-horse picture (and meme).
- 13th & 14th October - Adding more variation to terrain, merchant UI, vendor tables and behavior. Bug fixes, bandit clothing.
- 11th & 12th October - Event recipe unlocking, airship dungeon and Frog Merchant (with picture)
- 10th October - Progression development, tiered crafting objects. NPC behavior work. Continuing work on dungeons and mini-biomes.
- 8th & 9th October - Underground mini-biomes, Avian airships got NPCs, guard AI, animated gif of Status Pod (rogue shrine).
- 7th October - Screenshot of WIP underground mini-biome. Bug fixes, Avian village, Floran dungeon, recipe work.
- 6th October - Codex development. NPCs in dungeons, NPC item costs, ship saving back-end. Guard AI development.
- 5th October - Tier gear adjustment. Guard captain class!! Screenshot of guard captain in Glitch village. Explanation of NPC guard behavior.
- 4th October - Dungeon work, mockup screenshot of Underwater Hylotl city building.
- 3rd October- Screenshot of Floran prison dungeon, images for in-game plushies.
- 1st October- Bug fixes, npc merchant work. Preview screenshot of Hylotl furniture (counter and display case)
- 30th September - NPC idle task work, guard AI. Work on planet serialization.
- September - Added a number of race specific dialogue options for NPCs. Example screenshot.
- 28th September - Glitch village is done, screenshots and an animated gif of guards in pursuit. NPCs now 'chat' to one another, and have 'time of day' based behaviors. Started on shop and questgiver development.
- 27th September - Guard NPC development, Hylotl and Floran dungeons work, Glitch village wrap up and assigning energy cost to grappling hook. Glitch village screenshot
- 26th September - Adding abilities to armors, NPC guard work. Animated gif of arcade machine.
- 25th September - More NPC work, 'villager' type added. They'll call guards when attacked. Example GIF and Floran dungeon screenshot
- 24th September - NPC behavior development. Some example scripts and code for how behavior is defined (and can be modded). Example screenshots of Glitch village, with boxmen helmet NPCs, and a giant flower bed.
- 17th September - Videos of grappling hook, and i49 dev stream. Glitch village development, further NPC behavior work.
- 16th September - Adding unique enemies to dungeons, adjusting behavior and loot. Work on NPC AI, example of NPC speaking. Animated gif of larger Po Monster.
- 14th & 15th September - Development of NPC AI and wiring systems. Pictures of some unique prison dungeon elements.
- 13th September - Adjustments to early game to make it more apparent what to do for new players. Example image of text labeling ship components.
- 12th September - Added visual effects for freezing, starvation, and other near death states. Navigation work, unique NPC development. Animated gif of a bunch of chickens.
- 10th & 11th September - Bug fixes and optimization. Animated gif of Repairbot, a unique NPC. Mystery gif of Apex hologram.
- 8th September - More development of double-jump and dash tech. Example gif animation of dash.
- 7th September - Work on double-jump and dash tech, navigation enhancements. Screenshot of sea creature, Divern.
- 5th & 6th September - Unique NPC work continues, example gif of 'robot spider', constellation development and picture of an Apex in a costume dress.
- 4th September - Announcement of The Po, poop based NPCs, with example gif. Double jump implemented, more prison dungeon development.
- 3rd September - Lava now damages/burns, unique NPC development, spotlights added. Example screenshots of spotlights, one is of new prison dungeon.
- 2nd September - Savannah biome development, tier 1 boss improvements, new flying monster animations, GUI work, costumes added. Example screenshot of prison dungeon.
- 1st September - NPC skill adjustments, boss planning. Smoothing out early gameplay for new players.
- 31st August - Tier 2 development continues, navigation enhancements to allow players to set a 'home planet' they can easily return to. Savannah biome screenshot.
- 30th August - Tier 2 progression development, almost complete. Server performance work and improvements to navigation console.
- 29th August - Balance tweaks post-i49. Progression work, example screenshots of built houses.
- 22nd & 23rd August - Starbound crew showing off game at i49 in the UK.
- 20th August - Ironing out bugs before i49. X added as key to switch to defualt slots on action bar. Screenshot of giant mushroom mini-biome.
- 19th August - Ore distribution tuning, starter gear tweaks, boss AI improved. Gif of Apex shooting down a tree with a gun.
- 18th August - Bug fixes continue, food recipes added, boss tweaks, DPS leveling curve adjustment. Added more elements for generating flying monsters.
- 17th August - Fixed bugs, added updated art, reworked tooltips for armor, zoom level in options fixed, progression tuning.
- 16th August - Bug work, added 'materials' 2nd bag to inventory. Adjusted action bar so L and R are 'default slots' that can be toggled to quickly. In depth explanation of action bar mechanics.
- 15th August - Armor tooltips added, and stat display added. Planet temperature rebalance, graphics fixes, clothing added to crafing.
- 14th August - Small adjustments and improvements. Crafting recipes for starter food and clothes added. First bosss tweaks. Snowy night guitar-player animated gif.
- 13th August - Revamp of character selection screen, with picture. Low level weapon implementation. Screenshots with rusty axe.
- 12th August - Underground dungeon work, skill icons added to monster healthbars, UI changes/tweaks. Eyeball trees in rain animated gif.
- 11th August - Bug fixes, monster skill additions and UI adjustments. Examples of food sprites.
- 10th August - Biome diversity video. Monster skill system added, drops stack on the ground, trash added to inventory window, bug fixes.
- 9th August - Main menu redesigned. Mechanics adjustments, hotbar functionality improvements. Recipes and sounds added. Character age is now trackable.
- 8th August - Tutorial quest wrap-up. Tree chopping animation enhancements, performance improvements. Screenshot of twilight forest with Floran musician.
- 7th August - Boss work, vanity armor slots implemented, E is now the use key, new objects, new mini-biomes. Bug fixes. Large multi-monitor screenshots.
- 6th August - Lots of bug fixes. Added shift-click to add to inventory. Locked blocks under plants and anchors, adjusted lighting colors, biome drop rates, added a mini-biome.
- 5th August - GUI bug work, clothing style development and natural obstacles and spikes added.
- 4th August - More work on tier 1 boss and minions. Changes to get support for Visual Studio. Weapon tweaks and 'time of day' lighting adjustments now can be determined by star, with pictures.
- 3rd August - Bug fixes and technical changes. GUI work, performance tracking enhancements. Tier 1 boss development and weather bug fixes.
- 2nd August - Server optimization & debugging. Tier 1 underground house example screenshot.
- 1st August - Mini-biomes added, melee combat balancing and cover mechanics adjusted. GUI work on the action bar, loot adjustments for dungeons. Cave screenshot.
- 31st July - Boss development. Durability implemented (only tools, no breaking, ore/return to ship will repair), durability meter shows up on hotbar. Loot added to dungeons.
- 30th July - More battle music adjustment, more mini-biomes added. Bug fixes, sounds and boss work. Screenshot of cave.
- 29th July - Monster portraits fixed in health bar. Sounds added, boss minion, animation and attack work. Screenshot of underground layer.
- 28th July - Battle music tuning, tutorial quests implemented. NPC behavior work, mockup screenshot of group interface.
- 27th July - Background music adjustments. Bug fixes, example picture of tier 1 underground house.
- 26th July - Ore distribution is now based on planet level. Ice and glacier mini-biome work. Tutorial quests added, screenshot of quest complete window. More first boss work.
- 25th July - Mini-biome work. GUI smoothing and progression development. Screenshot of mine dungeon.
- 24th July - Quest windows implemented, screenshot. Work on first boss, each tier will have a boss at the end. They intend to make so any regular mob could be a miniboss.
- 23rd July - Monster health bars implemented, screenshot of early health bar. Igloo picture and ore distribution work.
- 22nd July - More bug fixes, server optimization. Mini-biome work, naming system for weapon procedural generation setup. Monster health bar, tar added. Count of implemented items so far.
- 21st July - Bug fixes, animation example of falling from space. Tier 1 house and recipe window screenshots.
- 20th July - Falling damage work, adjusted damage based on fall time. Bug fixes, Asteroid biome work.
- 19th July - Asteroid biome announced. Example video of falling from upper atmosphere.
- 18th July - Major feature wrap-up. New items, specifically for mini-biomes added. Background planets resolution increased, example screenshot.
- 17th July - Treasure chest tuning with level scaling. Dye system work, screenshot of flowers players must harvest petals from to craft dye. Dye can be applied to armor, weapons and other items. Clothes crafting added.
- 16th July - Shield mechanic tuning, shield bash implemented. Leveling work. Planet light color and intensity determined by host star, with screenshots. Bomb throwing and Wooden Bow screenshot.
- 15th July - Leveling work, NPC attacks adjustments. Crop natural spawning added, banana plant screenshot. Watchtower from tier 1 materials screenshot.
- 14th July - Art for hats added, tier rewards and example art of some breakable objects.
- 13th July - Music system GUI screenshot. Hats added, quests developed, race descriptions wrapped up. Food system work.
- 12th July - More item implementation. Tutorial quest work. WIP singing video.
- 11th July - Items & accessories implemented. Throwable items, rusty "trash" early tier weapons, and breakables added. Screenshots of inventory window adjustment, rusty sword and quest list window.
- 10th July - Inventory window update, and example screenshot. Boss design work, UI adjustment and bug fixes.
- 9th July - Grappling hook mechanics, programming challenges and formulas.
- 8th July - Ninja rope work, leveling balance. Math about procedural generation, with example graphs.
- 7th July - Musical instrument example video, there are almost 20 implemented so far. Sounds are implemented for the instruments..
- 6th July - Experimentation with player built ship additions, with example screenshot. Campsites now spawn, and tents act as beds when occupied. Giant flower sub-biome screenshots.
- 5th July - Finished bed functionality, sleep animation implemented. Started Glitch intro work, leveling and ore distribution work.
- 4th July - Quest screen design done, example mockup of Quest windows. Progression/leveling smoothing.
- 3rd July - Floran intro wrap up, with preview screenshot (not finished, early example). Testing. Another Floran screenshot.
- 2nd July - Work on progression. Quest system early work. Example of monster evolution, each random monster will have different evolution states.
- 1st July - Music system polish, added some instruments. Twitch stream example. Hylotl village development, art and intro work. Ninja rope in development. Hylotl house screenshot.
- 30th June - Weekend project: In-game music system. Players will have the ability to play instruments using keys or importing ABC notation. Example video of early ABC notation played in game.
- 29th June - A secret weekend project is in the works. Added eating animations, continued description work. Hylotl village development.
- 28th June - Descriptions continue, expanded consumable effects. New furniture is implemented, finishing up the Hylotl dungeon. Screenshot of mine entrance.
- 27th June - Finishing up race item descriptions. Planet scaling to levels. Finishing up final dungeons, animation cleanup and intro wrap-up.
- 26th June - DirectX support bugs completely ironed out. Floran intro work, tier objects complete. 2000 descriptions done, Monster spawning in dungeons worked on, pose system implemented.
- 25th June - Race descriptions continue. Each ore set will consist of a chair, table, switch/console, bed, light and door.
- 24th June - Each race will have a unique description when examining objects, it will appear as a spoken comment (with screenshot example). Started writing descriptions (over 6000!), smoothed out D3D, ore furniture and next intro
- 23th June - Direct 3D support is done. WIP video of the Avian intro. Rest of the team working on 'Secret Sunday Projects'
- 22th June - Bug fixes, 'super advanced' fish AI work and directX smoothing. Each ore tier will have unique furniture, example image of Kyrenite set.
- 21st June - Ore furniture is mostly complete, WIP video of Human intro sequence. Copic introduced, new AI programmer.
- 20th June - Gif example of new explosion animation. Implementation of all respawn animations and occupied art for all beds with sleep animation. Smoothing Direct 3D support.
- 19th June - Continuing directX implementation. Added mannequins to armor previews, beds now allow players to sleep inside them. Reworked explosion animation and added a logbook button to the HUD.
- 18th June - Started implementing directX support. Added lighting effects for some liquids (like lava). There will be a unique set of furniture and blocks per ore tier.
- 17th June - All 360 craftable melee weapons have been implemented, and can be recolored with dye. Also added fiery and electric weapons and terrain enhancements.
- 16th June - Twitch integration, streaming is done from an ingame control computer. Example gif of Streaming computer.
- 15th June - More bugfixes. Logan recorded some intro narrations. Weapon art added. Adjusted knockback mechanics. Finished Human intro. New twitch channel, chucklefishlive
- 14th June - Bug huntdown and squish, performance improvements. Screenshot of Apex apartment full of NPCs, which are now clothed.
- 13th June - Crafting interface bug fixes. Humanoid NPCs are in-game (although naked), config file cleanup. Smacking people with frying pan in-game confirmed.
- 12th June - 3D Printer example screenshot. Examples of pre-made ore tier weapons, almost 360 tier weapons have been added.
- 11th June - Status effects implemented. Screenshot examples of burning and poisoned effects. Wrapping up printer, weaponry and human intro. Aurora borealis screenshot.
- 10th June - NPC adjustments and damage tuning. Example image of ore hammers.
- 9th June- Experimented with the idea of Space Stations as a feature. Example screenshots of space station.
- 8th June - Terrain code smoothed out, status effect work (and debugging). Status effect integration with physics engine. NPC behavior work.
- 7th June - More work on ranged monster attacks. Bugfixes and artstuff.
- 6th June - New NPC projectiles added, link to live stream of community suggestions and Tiy working on them. Fish scatter, next gen!
- 5th June - Example of Glitch respawn animation. Humanoid NPC behavor work, 3D printer adjustments, status effects added. Examples of two ore based weapons. Logan Cunningham (of Bastion) will be a voice actor!
- 4th June - Performance improvements, code clean up.
- 3rd June - Example screenshot of completed Avian tomb dungeon, flying NPC behavior work.
- 2nd June - Options menu complete, with example. Work on procedural generation for fish. 3D printer tweaks.
- 1st June - Weapon sounds and effects, modding ability enhancements. Example of tier based swords. Durability explanation; it only effects tools, does not break the tool and returning to ship or 'sharpening' with ore will repair.
- 31st May - Avian intro finished. 'Fish out of water' NPC behavior work, options menu adjustments. Avian airship dungeon announced.
- 30th May - More cooking recipes added, as well as cooking crafting objects. More hats added. Flying monsters and fish now spawn.
- 29th May - Cooking UI developed, example of window. Food categories announced, all food is placeable. Made change to allow the number of chest slots to be configurable.
- 28th May - Flying NPC tweaks. Added lots of food recipes, each race will have a unique set to start (but can later learn other races). Cake confirmed, new Mech example
- 27th May - Intro cinematic tweaking. Options menu work. Starbound cosplay competition announcement.
- 26th May - Bug fixes, technical improvements. Cinematics work. Horsemask example.
- 25th May - Technical improvements. Ship transitions, intro debugging, GUI work. Big physics change, mass, force, and friction worked in. Planet gravity working again
- 24th May - Mechs work, there will be one unique mech and hoverbike per race. Flying NPC work, intro sequence tweaks. Travel sounds enhanced.
- 23rd May - Example video of speech bubbles. Added character 'lip syncing' and emotes. Updated mech example, and terrain 'natural structures'.
- 22nd May - Speech bubbles complete! Bubbles are 'threaded' for conversations. Example image from Avian intro.
- 21st May - Speech bubble polish, flying NPC behavior work. Ore based weapons added; There will be at least 60 unique ore weapons per race, and many other uniques.
- 20th May - Speech bubble fixes and example. NPC spawning work. Ship upgrade implementation and example.
- 19th May - NPC pathing fixes, early speech bubble tests. Example video of the FTL travel animation.
- 18th May - Mob spawning bugfixes and behavior adjustment. Ship FTL travel UI preview. Nametag adjustment and adding code for mod loading.
- 17th May - 800 recipes added so far. Nametags added to multiplayer, status button added; displays intractable objects and player nametags. 3D Printing window early example.
- 16th May - Recipes work, working on a secret biome and adding items.
- 15th May - Tech window in progress, tech station example. Also, chocolate fountain.
- 14th May - Codex window examples. Blueprints icon ideas, there will be blueprints for each item crafted, all 1300 of them.
- 13th May - Crafting window fully complete, added category icons to filter. Monster evolution work, only baby creatures are captureable.
- 12th May - Added 240 armor descriptions, example of tooltips for armor. Search and filter added to crafting window.
- 11th May - Crafting window example, working on adding over 1300 recipes to it. Log book UI was completed.
- 10th May - Blocking with shields is bug free. Added some new monster attacks. Enhanced oceans and added some new costumes.
- A brief look at what we've been working on this week - Over 60 craftable armors are now implemented. Armor can be dyed different colors. Planets appear in the night sky, and reflect the solar system you're in. Shield are implemented, as well as blocking mechanics. Frozen ocean biome was added, and Glitch castles were enhanced.