| v. Cheerful Giraffe
December 7th, 2015 (Nightly)
- Reworking game introduction and story
- Introduced the protectorate into the story
- Added Protectorate game introduction mission
- New quests & missions themed around Apex, Avian, Floran, Glitch, and Hylotl centered around the ark
- Introduced clue objects, which provide necessary info to locate each mission location/artifact when inspected:
- Apex clues - Big Ape Doll, Big Ape Target Map, Minidrone Intel Rack, Miniknog Intel Display, Miniknog Newspaper
- Avian clues - Kluex Gift Mural, Kluex Serpentine Statue, Kluex Treasure Map, Kluex Winged Statue, Kluex World Mural
- Floran clues - Champion's Spear Display, Ixoling Pike, Primitive Hunter Art, Spinneret Trophy, Web Rack
- Glitch clues - Glitch Statuette, Mounted Horn Banner, Royal Decree, Scribe's Desk, Themed Chess Table
- Hylotl clues - Hylotl Library Codex, Hylotl Library Model, Hylotl Music Box, Pagoda Aquarium, Vintage Library Poster
- Completing each race mission now unlocks a racial artifact, tied into the ark - Avian Artifact Altar, Apex Artifact Altar, Floran Artifact Altar, Glitch Artifact Altar, Hylotl Artifact Altar
- Each racial mission also recruits a special NPC to The Ark outside the outpost
- New Crafting Stations
- Crafting stations now upgrade via a button within the crafting window
- New tabbed interface for crafting windows
- Almost all recipes reworked/balanced for gameplay progression
- New crafting ingredients - AA Battery, Battery, Canvas, Cog, Cotton Wool, Fired Clay, Glass, Hinge, Screws, Silicon Board, Silk, Silk Fibre, Synthetic Material, Thread, Tungsten Bar (replaces Steel Bar), Volatile Powder
- New consumables - Burn Resistance Spray, Orange Stim Pack, Salve
- New craftable weapons - Durasteel Broadsword, Durasteel Shortsword, Iron Broadsword, Iron Shortsword, Titanium Dagger, Titanium Spear, Tungsten Axe, Tungsten Hammer
- New cooking recipes - Alien Fruit Juice, Baked Potato, Boiled Rice, Cooked Tomato, Popcorn, Pussplum Jam, Roasted Carrot, Roasted Mushrooms, Spicy Ribs
- New craftable decorations - Scarecrow
- New farming tools - Sprinkler
- Craftable Moth Traps (which produce Silk Fibre)
- Monsters are again capturable using the capture pods, which also includes unique monsters.
- Pet health now displays in player inventory window
- Pet image, name and description have been added to the capture pod tooltip.
- Damaged pets can now be healed using the newly added Creature Healing Station
- Pet Collars - These augments can be applied to pets inside capture pods to permanently give them stat boosts, defenses, and special status effects: Bouncy Collar, Damage I Collar, Damage II Collar, Damage III Collar, Electric Bomb Collar, Fire Bomb Collar, Ghostly Collar, Healing I Collar, Healing II Collar, Healing III Collar,Health I Collar, Health II Collar, Health III Collar, Ice Bomb Collar, Light Collar, Oblivious Collar, Poison Bomb Collar
- Ability to recruit NPCs as crew members aboard your ship
- Ability to recruit becomes available after completing a set number of generated tenant/generated quests
- Alternatively, if players choose not to colonize they can recruit penguin mercenary crew members from a bar at the outpost.
- Crew members can follow and fight alongside players outside their ship
- Crew member roles provide passive effects, enhance your ship and provide unique benefits.
- Crew outfits are colored by role, but can be customized to any outfit provided the crew has a tailor.
- Ship size upgrades can now be unlocked by crew size expansion (optionally)
- Upgrading ship size also increases the number of crew members that can follow the player and occupy their ship
- Penguin mercenaries can be hired using dubloons at the outpost (as an alternative method to gather crew outside quests)
- Reworked quest progression entirely
- Each racial mission now has a quest line to locate clues to find the instance and obtain a special artifact. These clues can be found by inspecting artifacts, talking to NPCs or completing other quests.
- New Museum side quests
- New Arena side quests
- Techs are now unlocked by quests that send a player through a unique course to train them on the tech.
- Generated guests - These quests are generated to have villager NPCs and tenants throughout the game request players do things like gather a specific item or defeat a nearby enemy. Completing these quests can give players reputation with the NPC, and they may join your ship crew. These quests are endlessly generated, ensuring players will never run out of objectives they can choose to take on.
- Fossil Station implemented in game.
- Fossil mini-game reworked
- New Fossil tools - Basic Fossil Brush, Advanced Fossil Brush, Master Fossil Brush
- New fossil displays - Small Fossil Display, Medium Fossil Display, Large Fossil Display
- Collectible fossil pieces - Amber, Ammonite, Egg, Fern Fossil, Fish, Footprint Fossil, Mysterious Alien Skull, Penguin, Sabertooth Skull, Trilobite, Alpaca Skull, Alpaca Torso, Alpaca Legs, Apex Skull, Apex Torso, Apex Legs, Avian Skull, Avian Torso, Avian Legs, Avioscale Skull, Avioscale Torso, Avioscale Legs, Floran Skull, Floran Torso, Floran Legs, Frogg Skull, Frogg Torso, Frogg Legs, Glitch Head, Glitch Torso, Glitch Legs, Human Skull, Human Torso, Human Legs, Hylotl Skull, Hylotl Torso, Hylotl Legs, Ixodoom Skull, Ixodoom Torso, Ixodoom Spine, Ixodoom Hips, Ixodoom Stinger, Ophidaunt Skull, Ophidaunt Torso, Ophidaunt Upper Tail, Ophidaunt Mid Tail, Ophidaunt Lower Tail, T-Rex Skull, T-Rex Torso, T-Rex Legs, T-Rex Upper Tail, T-Rex Lower Tail, Unidentified Skull, Unidentified Torso, Unidentified Legs,
- Tech challenge courses added, players must pass through a challenge course questline before unlocking initial tech.
- Completely remade & greatly simplified tech unlocks and progression.
- Tech is now unlocked at the Outpost in the newly added Tech Lab
- There are now three main tech types, and three available upgrades for each type for a total of twelve techs.
- After unlocking the initial type through the challenge course, additional upgrades can be purchased in any order using tech drives.
- Utility/abilities of techs has been balanced. They work much better in combination together.
- New (and updated) tech:
- Continued implementation of rewards for tiers of pre-order backers.
- Backer Statues - Benjamin Deust Statue, Cameron York Statue, Imagination Memorial, xOliver137 Statue
- Backer Reward Hats - Electronium Hat, Horned Tricorn, Monitor Helm, Phoenix Circlet, Rusty Metal Skul, Soul Guise Helmet, Stargazer Hood, The Captain's Fro, The Un-Cat Hat, Valkyrie Helm
- Backer Weapons - Adaptable Crossbow, Alien Appendage, Alien Worm Gun, Asuterosaberu DX, Cartilage Gun, Evil Eye, Ex Machina, Firestorm's Fury, Hokucide, Lucaine's Energy Whip, Magnorbs, Soulseeker, Tesla's Wrath, Time Pierce, Zyphyr Spark Launcher
- Backer Tool - Energy Pickaxe
- Primary planet biomes can now appear as mini-biomes, resulting in huge changes to planet biome diversity.
- Environmental Protection Packs - Backpacks that replace nanosuit tech to protect from planetary hazard effects. - Breathing EPP, Anti-Radiation EPP, Heating EPP, Cooling EPP
- EPP augments - Enhancements that can be applied to protection back pieces. Provide a variety of stat boosts, movement improvements, helpful status effects: Damage I Augment, Damage II Augment, Damage III Augment, Electric Resist Augment, Energy I Augment, Energy II Augment, Energy III Augment, Fire Resist Augment, Gravity Augment, Healing I Augment, Healing II Augment, Healing III Augment, Health I Augment, Health II Augment, Health III Augment, Ice Resist Augment, Jump Augment, Light I Augment, Light II Augment, Light III Augment, Mobility Augment, Poison Resist Augment, Speed Augment, Swimming Augment, Thorns Augment
- New ores - Durasteel Ore, Tungsten Ore (replaces steel bar)
- New crop - Cotton Seed (produces Cotton Fibre)
- Scorched City Biome (replaces scorched biome).
- Scorched city NPC armor - Deadbeat Bruiser Glasses, Deadbeat Bruiser Jacket, Deadbeat Bruiser Mask, Deadbeat Helm, Deadbeat Horn Helm, Deadbeat Horn Mask, Deadbeat Horns, Deadbeat Leather Jacket, Deadbeat Leather Pants, Deadbeat Mask, Deadbeat Merchant Horns, Deadbeat Nerd Mask, Deadbeat Scrounger Horns, Deadbeat Scrounger Pants, Deadbeat Scrounger Straps, Deadbeat Spandex Jacket, Deadbeat Spandex Pants, Deadbeat Straps, Deadbeat Straps Pants, Deadbeat Thug Jacket
- Scorched city objects - Broken Electric Box, Broken Register, Broken Round Table, Broken Stylish Bed, Broken Stylish Chair, Broken Stylish TV, Broken Traffic Lights, Broken Utility Box, Dumpster, Grimy Stylish Counter, Large Broken Drawers, Large Stylish Drawers, Laser Tripwire, Manhole Cover, Metal Store Shelf, Metal Trap Door, Neglected Rusty Sign, Round Table, Rusty Chest, Rusty Crate, Rusty Land Mine, Rusty Holding Tank, Rusty Metal Store Shelf, Rusty Stylish Fridge, Scorched Bench, Shelter Shelf, Small Broken Drawers, Small Rusty Crate, Small Stylish Drawers, Store Register, Stylish Bed, Stylish Chair, Stylish Counter, Stylish Fridge, Stylish TV, Tire Arrow Sign, VR Headset, Warning Sign, Wooden Telephone Pole, Wooden Utility Pole
- New Geode Mini Biome
- Geode blocks - Geode Block, Geode Stone
- Geode furniture - Geode Bed, Geode Chair, Geode Door, Geode Light, Geode Plant Pot
- Geode armor - Geode Set (Geode Mask, Geode Shirt, Geode Pants)
- Treasure Geode drops:
- Geode musical notes - Geode B, Geode C, Geode D, Geode E, Geode F, Geode G, Geode High A, Geode Low A
- Geological trophies - Aegisalt, Blue Geode, Coal, Copper, Core Fragment, Diamond, Durasteel, Gold, Green Geode, Iron, Orange Geode, Platinum, Plutonium, Prisilite, Purple Geode, Red Geode, Rubium, Solarium, Titanium, Tungsten, Uranium, Violium, Yellow Geode
- Executioner's Set - Executioner's Gloves, Executioner's Mask, Executioner's Pants
- New Foundry Mini Biome
- Foundry objects - Cascading Lava Tank, Foundry Bed, Foundry Bellow, Foundry Chair, Foundry Console, Foundry Light, Foundry Sign, Foundry Support, Foundry Switch, Heavy Door, Large Ladle, Large Lava Tank, Long Foundry Elevator, Magma Lamp, Short Foundry Elevator, Small Ladle, Small Lava Tank
- Foundry logic gates - Foundry And Switch, Foundry Countdown Timer, Foundry Delay Gate, Foundry Not Switch, Foundry Or Switch, Foundry Timer (0.5 Sec), Foundry Timer (1 Sec), Foundry Timer (2 Sec), Foundry Timer (3 Sec), Foundry Timer (4 Sec), Foundry Timer (5 Sec), Foundry X Or Switch
- Foundry armor - Foundry Chestpiece, Foundry Foreman Pack, Foundry Gear Pack, Foundry Goggles, Foundry Guard Gloves, Foundry Hard Hat, Foundry Legs, Welder's Helmet
- Volcanic biome objects/armor - Fire Lord's Set (Fire Lord's Breastplate, Fire Lord's Cloak, Fire Lord's Greaves, Fire Lord's Helm), Natural Volcanic Geyser, Smoke Machine, Volcanic Chest
- Protectorate objects/armor
- Protectorate Set - Protectorate Shirt, Protectorate Pants, Torn Protectorate Cape
- Protectorate objects - Broken Protectorate Picture Frame, Empty Protectorate Picture Frame, Grand Protectorate Portrait, Grand Protectorate Portrait (2), Grand Protectorate Portrait (3), Grand Protectorate Portrait (4), Hall Spotlight, Lobby TV, Protectorate Academy Door, Protectorate Bathroom Mirror, Protectorate Bench, Protectorate Bunk Bed, Protectorate Dorm Toilet, Protectorate Garden Bench, Protectorate Garden Wind Chimes, Protectorate Lobby Chair, Protectorate Lobby Plant, Protectorate Lobby Table, Protectorate Lobby Vending Machine, Protectorate Locker, Protectorate Platform, Protectorate Race Banners, Protectorate Stage Curtain, Protectorate Stage Curtain (2), Protectorate Toilet Roll Holder, Protectorate Wall Banner
- New armor - Arena Champion's Helm, Jester's Hat, Plain T-Shirt, Protectorate Flower, Protectorate T-Shirt, Protectorate Vest, Visor
- New action figures - Gosmet Action Figure, Ixoling Action Figure, Kluex Sentry Action Figure, Snuffish Action Figure
- New mini biome tenants - Deadbeat Merchant, Foundry Merchant, Geological Merchant
- New blocks - Jelly Blob, Junk Pile, Large Tentacle, Ledge Brick, Ridged Brick, Ruin Dermis, Stomach Lining, Tentacle Cluster
- New Unique Monsters - Gosmet, Kluex Sentry, Kluex Totem, Mini Drone, Snuffish
- New unique weapons - Broken Broadsword, Cultist Broadsword, Flamethrower Blade, Folding Chair, Oculus Reaver, Supernova Gauntlet, Vintage Scoped Rifle, Wrench
- New weapon type: Whips - Rope Whip, Vine Whip, Lucaine's Energy Whip
- Other new objects - Alarm Bell, Ape Monitor, Apex Lantern, Arena Flame Trap, Black Stone Bishop, Black Stone King, Black Stone Knight, Black Stone Pawn, Black Stone Queen, Black Stone Rook, Blue Dome Tent, Classic Thin Drape, Dark Battle Standard, Force Field, Green Club Lights, Green Sleeping Bag, Traditional Sword Rack, Large Dark Glitch Banner, Military Tent, Mini Fridge, Urban Bar Stool, Penguin Bar, Penguin Bar Lamp, Penguin Bar Sign, Penguin Bar Top, Red Club Lights, Red Dome Tent, Red Sleeping Bag, Sand Bags, Secret Door, Secret Trapdoor, Small Dark Glitch Banner, Store Sign, Teddy Bear, Traditional Bridge Painting, Temple Pressure Platform, WALL-B, Wooden Store Shelf, Yellow Basic Tent, Yellow Club Lights
- Many monsters now explode into unique particles when killed
- The action bar can now be locked, preventing picked up items from filling empty slots
- Improvements in stellar cloud/coloring
- Monsters are now better scaled and animated in targeting portraits
- Survival Mode (re-implementation of of hunger)
- Restyling of chat bubbles
- Restyling of SAIL console and window
- The Outpost ore vendor has been replaced with a full shop, Ursa Miner
- Updated many racial respawn animations
- Huge overhaul of most UI windows
- Many swords now have combo attacks when swung quickly
- Updated health and energy bars. Added hunger bar to UI
- Bosses now have a large health bar which also displays their name.
- Added staffs and wands as procedually generated weapon types.
- When hurt the player now has increased invincibility frames.
- Villager NPCs now respond when players take objects from their dwellings.
- When a monster is hit by a player it’s unable to damage the player for a short period (Meaning you no longer have to worry about being hit by monsters caught in your special attacks).
- Adjusted character name generation (now first names only)
- Items dropped on player death no longer time out
- Wide seats can seat multiple characters.
- Redesigned armor tooltips
- Replaced regeneration while in beds with resting effect
- NPCs now have chatter sounds when speaking.
- All weapons reworked/optimized as they were migrated to activeitem type
- Novakids now glow faintly
- Glowbugs now glow faintly, and glow when captured inside jars.
- Added crafting material tab to the inventory window
- Inventory tabs now automatically change to the correct tab when picking up an item
- Food now rots (becoming rotten food, can be placed in refrigerators to keep from decay)
- Reset all food stats and healing values
- Added new Floran, Avian, and Apex village types
- Added Hylotl villages, ocean city, and ruined city
and much more