Perfectly Generic Item
It's a perfectly generic item, perhaps a bit too perfect.
Perfectly Generic Item is used as a placeholder item for when an item or object's assets are not recognized by the server. It can be placed as an object.
Placing a mod item in a container or dropping it on a multiplayer server will transform the item into a perfectly generic item if the server does not have the mod installed. If the items assets are not available the item image and details will default to this.
While in admin mode, using the /spawnitem command to request an unknown (or misspelled) item will result in a Perfectly Generic item instead. If a piece of armor is worn on the player from a mod and the mod is removed, it turns into a unique version of the Perfectly Generic Item as it wont stack with other perfectly generic items except ones that were previously armor, and while the item is on the cursor it repeatedly plays the item pickup sound. This version can also be equipped to the player armor slots, but nothing will be shown on the player. Also, unlocking a recipe that does not exist will instead unlock the recipe for Perfectly Generic Item, although it never actually shows up in the crafting interface.
The only methods of obtaining this in-game are encountering a programming loot pool bug, crafting a custom item on a server and dropping it on the ground, or by purchasing it from Treasured Trophies at the outpost, where it can be purchased by exchanging a variety of rare crafting materials.
After picking up a Perfectly Generic Item, players will learn the crafting recipe to craft the full Perfect Set, a tier 6 all-rounder set of armor, comparable to the Mysterious Set.
|Apex :||There's something off about this object.|
|Avian :||Never before have I seen an object so perfectly symmetrical.|
|Floran :||Perfect cube iss unnatural.|
|Glitch :||Disturbed. An object with no physical imperfections.|
|Human :||What's so special about a perfectly cube-shaped cube?|
|Hylotl :||This cube embodies geometric perfection.|
|Novakid :||There's nothin' much to say. Perfection is dull!|
- This item is a reference to the webcomic Homestuck where one of the main characters, John, creates 3 Perfectly generic objects using a 3d-printer-like device known as an Alchemiter when he attempts to scan in a blank pillar. They are also much more prolifically created by a character named Roxy, who creates them as a default by "stealing" nothing.
- Making these items can be translated as "stealing the nothing out of nothing", i.e. a non-existent item name, mirroring the main method of making them in Homestuck.
- This item is used as an error handling system that few games have to prevent invalid items from crashing the game. Similar to how Terraria has invalid items turn into Angel Statues and how Valve Source games (such as Garry's Mod) display an "ERROR" model for missing assets.
- Perturbed Koala: Added
- Cheerful Giraffe: Changed rarity from 'common' to 'legendary', made available for purchase, changed from item to placeable object
- Version 1.1.0: Reimplemented Perfect Set recipe unlocks when picked up
- Version 1.3.0: Rebalanced stats to match Mysterious Set