Status Pod is an object unobtainable by players through normal means. This item's information is present in the game files, but not intended by developers to be in players' possession.
Status Pod is a shrine type object which, when interacted with by pressing 'E', will shoot out projectiles or apply a status effect to the player. Status pods can be found on all planets.
Once used, the pod will collapse and the base will show a red light. After 15 minutes, the pod will raise back up and become usable again. Mining the pods will destroy them without triggering the effect.
Possible Status Pod Actions
- Fast Health Regeneration: Releases gas which grants Fast Regeneration for 10 seconds. (Fast Regeneration heals at a rate of 10% of max health per second.)
- Health Regeneration: Releases gas which grants Regeneration 4 for 120 seconds. (Regeneration 4 heals at a rate of 10% of max health per 3 seconds.)
- Flame Spray: Releases Molotov flames which inflict Burning.
- Poison Spray: Releases gas which inflicts weak poison on anything it touches. The poison lasts for 20 seconds.
- Pixel Spray: Sprays 91 Pixels, one at a time.
- Bomb Spread: Expels bombs in an arc, destroying tiles and damaging players, NPCs, monsters and objects caught in the blast, possibly including the Status Pod itself.
- Ore Seeding: Launches several Ore projectiles. Each projectile places a small number of ores in a 4 tile-wide area at its point of impact. If the tiles hit by the ore bombs cannot hold ores (e.g. Loose Silt), nothing happens.
The type of ore spread by the Ore Seeding effect depends on the threat level of the planet:
- Tier 1 (Low) and above - Copper Ore
- Tier 3 (Risky) and above - Copper Ore, Silver Ore
- Tier 5 (Extreme) and above - Copper Ore, Silver Ore, Gold Ore, Diamond
Note: Each type of ore seeding is counted as one possible effect. This means that on tier 1 and 2 planets there is a 57.1% chance of a positive effect occurring, which increases to 62.5% on tier 3 and 4 planets, and 70% at tier 5 and 6.
The following effects are found in the asset files, but have been removed or commented out:
- Ore Seeding: Platinum Ore - Triggered on Tier 5 and higher planets.
- Run Boost
- Low Gravity
|Apex :||A status pod. Will I be lucky?|
|Avian :||A status pod. I hope I get lucky.|
|Floran :||Floran trigger little pod with recklessss abandon.|
|Glitch :||Cautious. This status pod's effects are unable to be analysed.|
|Human :||It's a status pod! Should I tempt fate by triggering it?|
|Hylotl :||I bet something bad happens.|
|Novakid :||A status pod! I sure hope today's my lucky day!|
- Perturbed Koala: Added
- Upbeat Giraffe: Can now be mined and placed at a different location, adjusted price, removed levitation effect
- Pleased Giraffe: Changed appearance. Can no longer be mined. Removed 5 effects. Added pixel, ore, bomb effects.