FTL Fuel Hatch
FTL Fuel Hatch is an object unobtainable by players through normal means. This item's information is present in the game files, but not intended by developers to be in players' possession.
The FTL Fuel Hatch is a primary component of all player ships. It breaks down Crystal Erchius Fuel and Liquid Erchius Fuel found on moons to provide fuel which the ship requires to navigate to different locations.
Fuel is the resource ships need to travel. When navigating the star chart and selecting a planet, the UI will show how much fuel is required to travel to that location. While traveling to planets within the local solar system uses no fuel, it's required to travel to other solar systems. Travelling to another system consumes 100 units of fuel.
|Liquid Erchius Fuel||1 Liquid Erchius Fuel||1 Fuel|
|Crystal Erchius Fuel||1 Crystal Erchius Fuel||2 Fuel|
- The Hylotl's fuel hatch is unique with its item form and that it uses the broken screen instead of the repaired one, unlike other races.
- This can normally be placed and destroyed when multiple ones are spawned, but cannot be broken due to the ship world placing it as "Unbreakable".
|Apex :||The FTL drive fuel hatch. Converts fuel into freedom.|
|Avian :||The FTL fuel hatch. Let's load it up and take to the stars!|
|Floran :||Fuel hatch for FTL drive. Let'ss fill it up!|
|Glitch :||Excited. This hatch fuels the FTL drive so that I may visit planets outside of this system.|
|Human :||The ship's fuel hatch. With fuel for the FTL drive I can explore outside this system.|
|Hylotl :||The humble FTL fuel hatch. Fuel is the lifeblood of exploration.|
|Novakid :||FTL fuel goes in here!|
- Perturbed Koala: Added
- Frustrated Koala: Uranium, Plutonium and Solarium now work as fuel
- Upbeat Giraffe: Added Liquid Erchius Fuel, Coal and Unrefined Wood no longer function as fuel
- Cheerful Giraffe: Uranium, Plutonium and Solarium no longer function as fuel, added Crystal Erchius Fuel, changed name from 'Fuel Hatch' to 'FTL Fuel Hatch'