Indignant Koala was a small patch released on December 11th, 2013. It was deployed the day after Frustrated Koala, just a few days after the game's initial beta launch. This patch primarily addressed balance, and nerfed birds.
It was announced and changes were detailed on the developer blog shortly after release.
NPCs and Enemies
There are a whole bunch of improvements to balance here, particularly in the early game.
We aren’t wiping characters or worlds, but if you want to experience the proper balance you should make a new character/worlds to play it on!'
- Nerf the hell out of birds, they no longer attack you at long range, lower damage, don’t follow you forever.
- Monster projectiles across the board better balanced
- AI improvements
- Shields better balanced
- Early armors better balanced
- Melee weapons better balanced
- Ores better balanced
- You are now invincible on your ship (this requires a new character)
- You need to be hit a lot harder to get knocked back
- Drills now destroy 3×3 blocks
- Nerf fall damage
- you can now craft lanterns (similar to sixxes’ lantern mod!)
- you can now craft a new back armor to help light caves
- You can now turn 10 unrefined wood into coal in the furnace
- New “melting” status effect on lava makes lava super dangerous (watch out)
- fixed the bubble gun crashing on mouse over
- improve grass ( Suggestion by Dracyoshi)
- some UI updates
- Other misc changes!
- ↑ http://playstarbound.com/121113-patch-notes/
- ↑ http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/glowing-lanterns.3/