Spirited Giraffe was a content update released on April 21st, 2015. The primary features it introduced were teleporters and the bookmarking system - making player travel much easier within the game.
It was announced and changes were detailed on the developer blog shortly after release.
New Feature: Planet Bookmarks
- Players can now save planet locations in the cockpit navigation interface
- Select a planet, then select ‘Add Bookmark’ to bookmark it
- Select a bookmarked planet from the list to set it as your navigation target
- Players can now place and register teleporters on planets
- Interact with a teleporter to add it to your list of registered destinations, which you can return to from any other teleporter
- Can also be used to teleport directly to party members
- Find Teleporter Cores in the world
- New Outpost store, the 2-Stop Teleshop, lets you use a Teleporter Core to create various types of teleporters to suit your style
- Breaking a teleporter destroys it, but refunds the Teleporter Core
- Outpost store includes a teleporter you can register for easy access to the outpost
- Purchasable teleporters: Wooden Teleporter, Brass Teleporter, Stone Teleporter, Scientific Teleporter, Futuristic Teleporter, Tomb Teleporter, Executive Teleporter
Changes:Teleportation & Returning to Worlds
- After logging out, players will be returned to the place in the world where they left (rather than back on the ship)
- Mission dungeons will persist for 10 minutes after all players have left, allowing continuation of a mission after dying
- Mission dungeons now have teleporters at the entrance and exit, should help clarify how and when to leave
- Players can no longer be attacked while teleporting
- Players can no longer initiate another teleport while teleporting
- Teleport cinematic while destination world is loading
- All player ships should now be inhabited by a non-combat pet corresponding to the character’s race, in one of a wide variety of color options
- Pets will investigate held items and various ship objects
- Pets can be fed and will develop preferences for certain foods
- Terramart now sells several pet-related items
- Food Bowl to keep your pet fed while you’re busy adventuring
- Pet Ball for your pets to play with
- Pet House for your pets to sleep in adorably
- Ancient Gateways now have another destination, a huge and ancient ruin
- Gives a few clues about Starbound’s overarching plot… so mysterious!
- Added Ancient Chest
- NPCs and ground monsters now jump accurately and reliably find paths across complex terrain
- NPCs and ground monsters are much better at avoiding and escaping liquids
- NPCs and ground monsters should become stuck MUCH less often
- Can be found underground on Radioactive worlds
- Includes various unique items and a new furniture set
- New Object: Ancient Plaque (Replaces black cat in the Erchius Mining Facility secret room)
- Reworked Apex, Avian, Floran, Glitch and Hylotl name generators to be much less (but still a little bit) silly.
- Changes to melee weapon responsiveness, damage sounds and visual feedback. Lots more of this coming in a future update!
- Ranged weapons now have varying accuracy depending on the weapon type, quality and rate of fire
- Player energy now refills much more rapidly and has a shorter delay before regenerating
- Various improvements to server architecture which should greatly improve server performance and stability
- Various improvements to internal handling of Lua API calls which should greatly reduce CPU usage, particularly in areas with many monsters or NPCs
- Many small improvements and fixes to objects throughout the game, including updating 3d printing costs in preparation for future additions to the game’s economy
- Scroll bars can now be clicked and dragged properly
- Fixed several bugs with codexes. Codexes are now retained across universes. Existing players will, unfortunately, have their codexes reset.
- Moons are now generated with solid cores to help avoid falling out the bottom
- Several improvements to grass placement, also add underground ceiling grasses to several biomes
- Fix bug where music volume changed in combat
- Several small improvements to AI interface
- Removed the annoying levitation status from random status pods
- Added optimizations and cyrillic character fixes for Hobo font. Thanks to user dsp2003 for this fix!
- ↑ http://playstarbound.com/april-2nd-unstable-update-notes/