| "The Poptop hums beautifully to confuse its prey."|
|Collection #|| 05|
|Base Health|| 60 HP|
|Base Damage|| 14 HP|
|Unique Drops||Sharpened Claw (20%)|
Poptops are a unique monster type, found generally in tranquil environments. They wander around aimlessly whistling to themselves, but when the player draws near they get aggressive, attacking with leaping bites.
This monster does not possess a weakness (+50% damage taken) or a resistance (-50% damage taken) to any type of damage.
Mines each have a large room within them patrolled by multiple Poptops accompanied by an incredibly strong Mother Poptop. On occasion, Poptops on Jungle Planets will be accompanied by an Adult Poptop, which is not quite as strong as a Mother Poptop but is still a considerable threat. They can also be found in Ancient Vaults with electric and poison themes.
Despite their viciousness, Poptops are considered adorable enough to have a plush toy based on them.
A rare albino variant of this monster can be found on bounty missions, and has a very small chance to appear in the wild. It has an identical drop pool, base stats, and spawn area.
This form can also be captured, and when caught will complete an entry in the Rare Pets collection.
|Albino Poptop||The Poptop hums beautifully to confuse its prey.|
- The tune whistled by Poptops is recurring theme that is a part of many music tracks played throughout the game.
- The Poptop was the winning entry in the MonsterMonster contest, submitted by Tomservo. His original entry can be found here.
- Poptops spawned by Mother Poptops seem to have normal drop rate. This may cause Poptops to be the easiest monster to farm for figures, since they can be spawned endlessly.
- Rampaging Koala: Added to game files
- Glad Giraffe: Implemented
- Version 1.4.0: Added Albino Poptop variant