|Threat: Dangerous (Tier 4)||Weather|
|Star types: Radioactive, Frozen, Fiery|
|EPP Required: Radiation EPP Upgrade|
|Mini Biomes: Giant Flower, Mushroom Patch, Eyepatch, Swamp|
|Secondary Biomes: Garden, Savannah, Mutated, Forest|
Jungle biomes can be created and expanded using a Jungle Terraformer, and a planet will convert to a Jungle planet once half of the planet's surface has been terraformed into Jungle biome.
Jungle planets can be found orbiting radioactive (yellow), frozen (blue) and fiery (red) star types. Unless players have a Radiation EPP Upgrade equipped they'll perpetually take damage from deadly radiation while on the planet.
Possible mini biomes inside jungles are giant flower, which has large flowers in place of trees, swamp, characterized by muddy water and swampy tress, eyepatch, with a variety of plants which resemble eyes, and mushroom patch which has large mushroom trees.
- A jungle; landing site densely inhabited by flora and fauna of many kinds. The area is rich with resources but phenomenally high in radiation.
- High levels of radiation render this jungle location an extremely hostile environment and local fauna is similarly unwelcoming.
- The landing site is in a dense jungle. A menagerie of astounding creatures live amongst the lush flora. It is a shame about the lethally high levels of radiation.
The surface layer of jungles is primarily made up of dirt. There's an abundance of gatherable wood because of plentiful trees. The planet's primary color in the navigation console and while orbiting above is the primary color of the dirt found there.
The surface of the ground is mostly covered in grass and bushes, and the topography is often hilly with small subterranean caves.
|Primary material||Sub materials||Geological materials|
Jungle biomes use their own two sets of music tracks for day and night.
There are sub biomes which can be found on jungle planets in addition to their unique mini biomes. Garden, savannah, mutated or forest have a chance to appear as smaller biomes on jungle planets. These biomes will include things like their associated blocks, trees, and crops when they appear. Mini biomes for each of these secondary biome types can appear inside them as well.
These mini biomes can be found on jungle planets or inside jungle sub biomes on other planet types. Each has their own creatures and items outside what's available in jungle biomes.
The most distinguishing characteristic of jungle mini biomes are their trees; a different type is unique to each mini biome.
- Giant Flower - Towering flowers the size of trees grow here, they can be harvested for petals.
- Mushroom Patch - Has large towering mushrooms in place of trees.
- Eyepatch - A number of plants and trees which resemble large eyes.
- Swamp - Murky water and trees characterize this wet mini biome. Froggs can be found living here.
Jungle planets stick to the standards for planetary layer composition.
- Space: Asteroids
- Atmosphere: Atmosphere
- Surface: Jungle (Primary Biome); Garden, Savannah, Mutated, Forest (Secondary Biomes)
- Subsurface: Underground 0a, Underground 0b, Underground 1a, or Underground 1b
- Shallow Underground: Tarpit, Mushrooms, Wilderness, Mini Village, Underground 0a, Underground 0b, Underground 1a, or Underground 1b
- Mid Underground: Luminous Caves, Stone Caves, Bone Caves, Ice Caves, Underground 0c, Underground 1c, Underground 1d, Underground 3a, Underground 3b, Underground 3c, or Underground 3d
- Deep Underground: Cell Caves, Flesh Caves, Slime Caves, Underground 0d, Underground 5a, Underground 5b, Underground 5c, or Underground 5d
- Core: Blaststone Core Layer, Magmarock Core Layer, or Obsidian Core Layer
Weather in jungle biomes is mostly clear, with occasional rain or storms. Weather happens for each planet based on the weights given to the weather types (probability is calculated by dividing a single weight by the sum of all weights); the probability for weather types on jungle planets is as follows:
There are a large variety of harvestable crops found in jungles. These can be harvested by interacting with them or by digging them up. They'll drop produce and have a chance to drop a seed which can be replanted.
The following tree types grow here
- Stems: twisty, woody, oldwood, crackly, palmlike
- Foliage: lushy, junglepalm, jungly, jungleleaf
In addition to procedurally generated creatures, there are a variety of unique monsters, bugs and critters found in jungle biomes. Some of these are also found in other biomes, while others are unique only to jungle biomes. While these unique creatures have a chance to appear on jungle planets, they will not all appear on each one. In addition to unique creatures, each biome has multiple types of both procedural ground and flying creatures.
Unique monsters each have combat attacks, and they must first be weakened before capture. Once weakened players can attempt to capture using a capture pod. If successful they can then be released to battle alongside and follow the player.
Critters are smaller non-combat unique creatures which are not capturable using capture pods. They can be captured without weakening them first by using a relocator gun. After releasing a critter from the relocator it will stay in the area it was released into.
Bugs are very small unique creatures which can be captured using a bug net, and are then stored inside placeable jars. Bugs which are captured using a relocator will fly after release instead of being kept inside a jar.
There are a variety of items which are specific to chests found in jungle biomes. Some of these may have a chance to be found in other places throughout the universe, but they've all been specifically allocated to chests within jungle biomes.
Chests in jungles also commonly contain bio sample.
Jungles can have a large variety of settlement types found on them. These include small microdungeons and NPC camps, larger racial villages and hostile dungeons. Smaller jungle planets usually contain only one dungeon or village, while larger jungle planets can contain as many as three.
Jungle planets are the best place to find Avian dungeons and villages. They're much more likely to appear on jungle planets then any other type.